Cameron Diaz Believes Having No Kids Makes Things Much Easier
Cameron Diaz shares her views on motherhood in August issue of Esquire magazine. To her, having children means more work and responsibility, protecting people is interesting yet it doesn't make her interested to mother a baby, and being 41 equals greatness because she doesn't care anymore about what men think.
"It's so much more work to have children," the Cuban-American actress said. "To have lives besides your own that you are responsible for - I didn't take that on. That did make things easier for me. A baby - that's all day, every day for 18 years. Not having a baby might really make things easier, but that doesn't make it an easy decision."
Although it was not an easy choice, Diaz has never looked the other way. She expressed how she's at peace with her decision and what she's doing now.
"I like protecting people, but I was never drawn to being a mother," the "Charlie's Angels" star added. "I have it much easier than any of them. That's just what it is. Doesn't mean life isn't sometimes hard. I'm just what I am. I work on what I am. Right now, I think, things are good for me. I've done a lot. And I don't care anymore."
While other people may get worried about being in their 40s, the girlfriend of Benji Madden believes it's the best age. She said that it's the age when fear disappeared from a woman's life
"That's when a woman knows how to work things, or she doesn't care about that anymore. You just stop being afraid. You don't worry about what men think. You just don't worry that time registers anything awful," Diaz said.
The Long Beach native decided to have her first nude scene in her forthcoming movie "Sex Tape" with Jason Segel. Diaz commented, "It's a first for me. But Jason gets naked, too. It's just a part of the role. So I did it. I mean you see everything."
"Sex Tape" is a comedy about a married couple whose sex tape is accidentally sent to family and friends. It will hit theaters in the U.S. on July 18.
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia