Cameron Diaz Believes Having No Kids Makes Things Much Easier
Cameron Diaz shares her views on motherhood in August issue of Esquire magazine. To her, having children means more work and responsibility, protecting people is interesting yet it doesn't make her interested to mother a baby, and being 41 equals greatness because she doesn't care anymore about what men think.
"It's so much more work to have children," the Cuban-American actress said. "To have lives besides your own that you are responsible for - I didn't take that on. That did make things easier for me. A baby - that's all day, every day for 18 years. Not having a baby might really make things easier, but that doesn't make it an easy decision."
Although it was not an easy choice, Diaz has never looked the other way. She expressed how she's at peace with her decision and what she's doing now.
"I like protecting people, but I was never drawn to being a mother," the "Charlie's Angels" star added. "I have it much easier than any of them. That's just what it is. Doesn't mean life isn't sometimes hard. I'm just what I am. I work on what I am. Right now, I think, things are good for me. I've done a lot. And I don't care anymore."
While other people may get worried about being in their 40s, the girlfriend of Benji Madden believes it's the best age. She said that it's the age when fear disappeared from a woman's life
"That's when a woman knows how to work things, or she doesn't care about that anymore. You just stop being afraid. You don't worry about what men think. You just don't worry that time registers anything awful," Diaz said.
The Long Beach native decided to have her first nude scene in her forthcoming movie "Sex Tape" with Jason Segel. Diaz commented, "It's a first for me. But Jason gets naked, too. It's just a part of the role. So I did it. I mean you see everything."
"Sex Tape" is a comedy about a married couple whose sex tape is accidentally sent to family and friends. It will hit theaters in the U.S. on July 18.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March