'Longmire' Crew Member's Death Is Suspected to Be Caused by Too-Long Working Hours
A crew member of A&E's crime drama series "Longmire" named Gary Tuck, 48, died early morning on Saturday, June 28, in a car accident. Gary's truck rolled over on a highway in an area known as Stanley, N. M. when he was on his way home from the drama's set around 4:30 A.M.
Gary was a member of Teamsters Local 492. The Union spokesman Moises Ortega said that the organization had been investigating Gary's death. The A&E worker was suspected of falling asleep when he was driving the truck, probably because of his too-long working hours. Moises claimed, "If we find anyone was in violation we will report it to the federal Department of Transportation."
A source revealed that crews usually worked for about 12 to 13 hours per day and even more than 18 hours a day for Gary, who worked from 9 A.M. to 3 A.M. at that time. The source said, "Long hours have been an issue on set for a while. Fridays are the worst, with a late start and a reduced turnaround over the weekend, they'll run you until the sun comes up on Saturday morning and have you back on set for 6 A.M. on Monday."
The "Longmire" producers, cast and crew have released a statement regarding Gary's death, stating, "Our thoughts are with the family of Joe Tuck, a driver for 'Longmire' and a valued member of the 'Longmire' team, who sadly passed away recently. On behalf of the entire cast, crew, studio and network, we offer the Tuck family and Joe's friends our deepest sympathies and heartfelt condolences on this terrible loss."
"Longmire" season three premiered on June 2. The crime drama series stars Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff and Lou Diamond Phillips.
- Mariah Carey Tells Friends That James Packer Is 'Mentally Unstable' and 'Violent'
- Britney Spears Reveals Theme of 'Slumber Party' Video
- Dakota Fanning's Parents Are Divorcing After 27 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Jonas Welcomes His Second Child With Wife Danielle
- Mariah Carey's Rep Reveals Lovers' Quarrel in Greece Leads to Her Split From James Packer
- 'Will and Grace' Revival in the Works
- Jealous Rob Kardashian Under Investigation for Threatening Blac Chyna's Alleged Lover
- 'Cormoran Strike' Series Based on J.K. Rowling's Novels Lands at HBO