'Longmire' Crew Member's Death Is Suspected to Be Caused by Too-Long Working Hours
A crew member of A&E's crime drama series "Longmire" named Gary Tuck, 48, died early morning on Saturday, June 28, in a car accident. Gary's truck rolled over on a highway in an area known as Stanley, N. M. when he was on his way home from the drama's set around 4:30 A.M.
Gary was a member of Teamsters Local 492. The Union spokesman Moises Ortega said that the organization had been investigating Gary's death. The A&E worker was suspected of falling asleep when he was driving the truck, probably because of his too-long working hours. Moises claimed, "If we find anyone was in violation we will report it to the federal Department of Transportation."
A source revealed that crews usually worked for about 12 to 13 hours per day and even more than 18 hours a day for Gary, who worked from 9 A.M. to 3 A.M. at that time. The source said, "Long hours have been an issue on set for a while. Fridays are the worst, with a late start and a reduced turnaround over the weekend, they'll run you until the sun comes up on Saturday morning and have you back on set for 6 A.M. on Monday."
The "Longmire" producers, cast and crew have released a statement regarding Gary's death, stating, "Our thoughts are with the family of Joe Tuck, a driver for 'Longmire' and a valued member of the 'Longmire' team, who sadly passed away recently. On behalf of the entire cast, crew, studio and network, we offer the Tuck family and Joe's friends our deepest sympathies and heartfelt condolences on this terrible loss."
"Longmire" season three premiered on June 2. The crime drama series stars Robert Taylor, Katee Sackhoff and Lou Diamond Phillips.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen