Jonathan Lemkin Tapped to Write 'G.I. Joe 3'
"G.I. Joe 3" gets a new writer, Variety learns. Jonathan Lemkin ("The Devil's Advocate", "Shooter") is hired to write the screenplay drafted by Evan Daugherty ("Divergent", "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles"). Jon M. Chu was initially expected to return at the helm, but he currently is not attached to the pic which is due sometime in 2016.
While it's unclear if Channing Tatum will be brought back for the third film, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Adrianne Palicki are expected to reprise their roles. Producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura said the next installment would focus on The Rock's character, "It's interesting, it's sort of an open possibility right now who could be in it outside of Dwayne [Johnson], he has to be in it."
"The last movie was really the set up, in a way, for Roadblock to take over. Dwayne came aboard a little late last time so we weren't able to do everything I think we can do this time, and really get a story that services what the audience expects out of him, and also as an actor pushes him into areas that you wouldn't normally explore in a big franchise movie perhaps. We have not talked about any other cast or anything, because we really need a story to be completely signed off by everybody."
When asked in a separate interview if there would be a crossover plan with another Hasbro property "Transformers", he told Screen Rant, "I'm sure the studios would love that idea. I don't think either story has run out of its own momentum. I think when they start to run out of their own momentum is when some conversation like that could happen. It's definitely not in the short term. None of us are talking about that."
- Lucasfilm Isn't Happy With Alden Ehrenreich's 'Han Solo' Performance
- Israel Names a Beach After Britney Spears
- Taylor Swift Resurfaces With New Look in a Congratulatory Video for Russell Westbrook
- Pregnant Serena Williams Poses Nearly Nude for Vanity Fair
- Scott Disick Risks Liver Failure With His Binge Drinking Habit
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale Photos: Get First Look at Aria's Wedding Dress
- Is Khloe Kardashian Pregnant? Tristan Thompson Believes She Will Be the 'Best Mom'
- Insecure Kylie Jenner Thinks She's Ugly