Lil Wayne: 'Tha Carter V' Is 'Done' and Will Come Out in 'September or August'
No one knows when exactly "Tha Carter V" will come out. Not even Lil Wayne. Catching up with MTV news on the set of his "Krazy" video in Los Angeles on Tuesday, July 1, the rapper said that he's "so not good" with remembering release dates, but he's sure that the fifth installment of his "Carter" series would arrive in August or September.
"I'm so not good with that," the Young Money rapper said. "I think it drops either in September and then we have... Ah I can't tell you the sneak thing. Anyway, yeah, I think it drops in September or August."
When asked about the possibility of the album to be released before he joined Drake for their co-headlining tour, Wayne added, "It might drop before then, in July. [Or] August 25 or something like that?"
Although he couldn't give the exact release date of "Tha Carter V", Wayne at least could confirm that he'd finished working on the highly-anticipated record. "I'm finished, I'm done," he said before revealing that "Da Other Album", which he announced in a recent episode of "Weezy Wednesdays", would come two months after "Tha Carter V" officially hits the stores.
"If Tha Carter was to drop in August, [DOA] would be October," he explained.
More Lil Wayne News
- Get Details of Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth's Spiritual Summer Nuptials
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Gets Premiere Date
- New Couple Alert? Amber Rose Spotted Partying With Kevin Durant
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot