Lil Wayne: 'Tha Carter V' Is 'Done' and Will Come Out in 'September or August'
No one knows when exactly "Tha Carter V" will come out. Not even Lil Wayne. Catching up with MTV news on the set of his "Krazy" video in Los Angeles on Tuesday, July 1, the rapper said that he's "so not good" with remembering release dates, but he's sure that the fifth installment of his "Carter" series would arrive in August or September.
"I'm so not good with that," the Young Money rapper said. "I think it drops either in September and then we have... Ah I can't tell you the sneak thing. Anyway, yeah, I think it drops in September or August."
When asked about the possibility of the album to be released before he joined Drake for their co-headlining tour, Wayne added, "It might drop before then, in July. [Or] August 25 or something like that?"
Although he couldn't give the exact release date of "Tha Carter V", Wayne at least could confirm that he'd finished working on the highly-anticipated record. "I'm finished, I'm done," he said before revealing that "Da Other Album", which he announced in a recent episode of "Weezy Wednesdays", would come two months after "Tha Carter V" officially hits the stores.
"If Tha Carter was to drop in August, [DOA] would be October," he explained.
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group