Lil Wayne: 'Tha Carter V' Is 'Done' and Will Come Out in 'September or August'
No one knows when exactly "Tha Carter V" will come out. Not even Lil Wayne. Catching up with MTV news on the set of his "Krazy" video in Los Angeles on Tuesday, July 1, the rapper said that he's "so not good" with remembering release dates, but he's sure that the fifth installment of his "Carter" series would arrive in August or September.
"I'm so not good with that," the Young Money rapper said. "I think it drops either in September and then we have... Ah I can't tell you the sneak thing. Anyway, yeah, I think it drops in September or August."
When asked about the possibility of the album to be released before he joined Drake for their co-headlining tour, Wayne added, "It might drop before then, in July. [Or] August 25 or something like that?"
Although he couldn't give the exact release date of "Tha Carter V", Wayne at least could confirm that he'd finished working on the highly-anticipated record. "I'm finished, I'm done," he said before revealing that "Da Other Album", which he announced in a recent episode of "Weezy Wednesdays", would come two months after "Tha Carter V" officially hits the stores.
"If Tha Carter was to drop in August, [DOA] would be October," he explained.
More Lil Wayne News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media