Lil Wayne: 'Tha Carter V' Is 'Done' and Will Come Out in 'September or August'
No one knows when exactly "Tha Carter V" will come out. Not even Lil Wayne. Catching up with MTV news on the set of his "Krazy" video in Los Angeles on Tuesday, July 1, the rapper said that he's "so not good" with remembering release dates, but he's sure that the fifth installment of his "Carter" series would arrive in August or September.
"I'm so not good with that," the Young Money rapper said. "I think it drops either in September and then we have... Ah I can't tell you the sneak thing. Anyway, yeah, I think it drops in September or August."
When asked about the possibility of the album to be released before he joined Drake for their co-headlining tour, Wayne added, "It might drop before then, in July. [Or] August 25 or something like that?"
Although he couldn't give the exact release date of "Tha Carter V", Wayne at least could confirm that he'd finished working on the highly-anticipated record. "I'm finished, I'm done," he said before revealing that "Da Other Album", which he announced in a recent episode of "Weezy Wednesdays", would come two months after "Tha Carter V" officially hits the stores.
"If Tha Carter was to drop in August, [DOA] would be October," he explained.
More Lil Wayne News
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'