Barbara Walters Comments on 'The View' Future
Barbara Walters has spoken out for the first time since "The View" made headlines after being left by its hosts. The former co-host on the talk show made a comment on the ABC show's possible future as she appeared at a NYC premiere of "A Long Way Down".
When asked about the show's future, Walters told Extra's AJ Calloway that the show would still go on. "I don't know... I'm not sure. I know 'The View' will continue," she replied. Walters additionally said that she was not sure if it would head to a different direction, saying, "I don't think we have a new direction, yet. I think we have time."
"The View" is now left with a sole host Whoopi Goldberg after Sherri Shepherd announced that she would not return to the show. "It's been seven wonderful years on The View and after careful consideration it is time for me to move on," she said in a statement. "I am extremely grateful to Barbara Walters and Bill Gedde for giving me the opportunity. I look forward to the business opportunities that lay ahead for me and I am incredibly grateful to my View family and my fans for supporting me on this journey."
Following Shepherd's announcement, Jenny McCarthy seemingly confirmed that she would follow her co-host's step. Walters retired from the show in May.
ABC has not responded to reports of possible replacements. However, they previously said in a statement, " 'The View' will be moving in an exciting new direction next season and ABC has made decisions to evolve the show creatively."
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?