Barbara Walters Comments on 'The View' Future
Barbara Walters has spoken out for the first time since "The View" made headlines after being left by its hosts. The former co-host on the talk show made a comment on the ABC show's possible future as she appeared at a NYC premiere of "A Long Way Down".
When asked about the show's future, Walters told Extra's AJ Calloway that the show would still go on. "I don't know... I'm not sure. I know 'The View' will continue," she replied. Walters additionally said that she was not sure if it would head to a different direction, saying, "I don't think we have a new direction, yet. I think we have time."
"The View" is now left with a sole host Whoopi Goldberg after Sherri Shepherd announced that she would not return to the show. "It's been seven wonderful years on The View and after careful consideration it is time for me to move on," she said in a statement. "I am extremely grateful to Barbara Walters and Bill Gedde for giving me the opportunity. I look forward to the business opportunities that lay ahead for me and I am incredibly grateful to my View family and my fans for supporting me on this journey."
Following Shepherd's announcement, Jenny McCarthy seemingly confirmed that she would follow her co-host's step. Walters retired from the show in May.
ABC has not responded to reports of possible replacements. However, they previously said in a statement, " 'The View' will be moving in an exciting new direction next season and ABC has made decisions to evolve the show creatively."
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'
- Nicole Scherzinger Flashes Ample Cleavage and Toned Abs for New Ad
- Kurt Sutter Reveals The Mayans Originally Didn't Exist in 'Sons of Anarchy'
- Colton Haynes Introduces New Boyfriend Jeff Leatham
- First Look at Kurt Russell as Ego the Living Planet in 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Here's the First Look of Shocker's Costume in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Watch John Legend's Show-Stopping Performance at NBA All-Star Game 2017 Halftime Show
- Madonna's Malawi Twins' Father Says He Didn't Realize the Adoption Was Permanent