Barbara Walters Comments on 'The View' Future
Barbara Walters has spoken out for the first time since "The View" made headlines after being left by its hosts. The former co-host on the talk show made a comment on the ABC show's possible future as she appeared at a NYC premiere of "A Long Way Down".
When asked about the show's future, Walters told Extra's AJ Calloway that the show would still go on. "I don't know... I'm not sure. I know 'The View' will continue," she replied. Walters additionally said that she was not sure if it would head to a different direction, saying, "I don't think we have a new direction, yet. I think we have time."
"The View" is now left with a sole host Whoopi Goldberg after Sherri Shepherd announced that she would not return to the show. "It's been seven wonderful years on The View and after careful consideration it is time for me to move on," she said in a statement. "I am extremely grateful to Barbara Walters and Bill Gedde for giving me the opportunity. I look forward to the business opportunities that lay ahead for me and I am incredibly grateful to my View family and my fans for supporting me on this journey."
Following Shepherd's announcement, Jenny McCarthy seemingly confirmed that she would follow her co-host's step. Walters retired from the show in May.
ABC has not responded to reports of possible replacements. However, they previously said in a statement, " 'The View' will be moving in an exciting new direction next season and ABC has made decisions to evolve the show creatively."
More The View News
- Lady GaGa Hits Recording Studio With BloodPop, Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker
- Derek Hough Confirms He's Back on 'Dancing with the Stars', Cheryl Burke Also Returns
- Ruby Rose Splits From Girlfriend Harley Gusman
- Ariana Grande Kisses Mac Miller and Sits on His Lap at VMAs After-Party
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs