'Arrow' Finds Its Katana in Devon Aoki
Model/actress Devon Aoki has landed a major recurring role on "Arrow". The 31-year-old star, whose acting credits include a role in 2003's "2 Fast 2 Furious" and 2005's "Sin City", will guest star as Katana a.k.a. Tatsu Yamashiro in the upcoming third season of The CW's action superhero series.
The character is described as a Japanese martial arts expert who wields a deadly sword, a blade from which her codename Katana is derived. According to Deadline, on the show, "Tatsu will be one of Oliver's mentors in the flashbacks and a critical influence on his journey to eventually become the Arrow of present day."
Tatsu is the wife of Oliver's Hong Kong-based teacher and handler Toshi, who reportedly will also appear on the show, but it's unclear whether they will be seen in present-day Starling City.
Tatsu was first introduced in a special insert in "The Brave and the Bold" comic book #200 in 1983. She was recently featured in the 27th issue of the "Green Arrow" origin series graphic novels published earlier this year.
"Arrow" season 3 will premiere Wednesday, October 8, at 8/7c on The CW. Fans can get a sneak peek at the upcoming season during Warner Bros./DC Entertainment presentation at the Comic-Con International in San Diego on Saturday, July 26.
More Arrow News
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna
- Johnny Depp Looks 'More Put Together' Amid Amber Heard Split
- Melanie Griffith Shows Off Amazing Body in Tiny Bikini. See Her Impressive Figure!
- Team Arrow Is on Break After Season Finale. What Will Bring Them Back Together?
- First Man Born on Mars Finds Love on Earth in First 'Space Between Us' Trailer