'Arrow' Finds Its Katana in Devon Aoki
Model/actress Devon Aoki has landed a major recurring role on "Arrow". The 31-year-old star, whose acting credits include a role in 2003's "2 Fast 2 Furious" and 2005's "Sin City", will guest star as Katana a.k.a. Tatsu Yamashiro in the upcoming third season of The CW's action superhero series.
The character is described as a Japanese martial arts expert who wields a deadly sword, a blade from which her codename Katana is derived. According to Deadline, on the show, "Tatsu will be one of Oliver's mentors in the flashbacks and a critical influence on his journey to eventually become the Arrow of present day."
Tatsu is the wife of Oliver's Hong Kong-based teacher and handler Toshi, who reportedly will also appear on the show, but it's unclear whether they will be seen in present-day Starling City.
Tatsu was first introduced in a special insert in "The Brave and the Bold" comic book #200 in 1983. She was recently featured in the 27th issue of the "Green Arrow" origin series graphic novels published earlier this year.
"Arrow" season 3 will premiere Wednesday, October 8, at 8/7c on The CW. Fans can get a sneak peek at the upcoming season during Warner Bros./DC Entertainment presentation at the Comic-Con International in San Diego on Saturday, July 26.
More Arrow News
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert