'Arrow' Finds Its Katana in Devon Aoki
Model/actress Devon Aoki has landed a major recurring role on "Arrow". The 31-year-old star, whose acting credits include a role in 2003's "2 Fast 2 Furious" and 2005's "Sin City", will guest star as Katana a.k.a. Tatsu Yamashiro in the upcoming third season of The CW's action superhero series.
The character is described as a Japanese martial arts expert who wields a deadly sword, a blade from which her codename Katana is derived. According to Deadline, on the show, "Tatsu will be one of Oliver's mentors in the flashbacks and a critical influence on his journey to eventually become the Arrow of present day."
Tatsu is the wife of Oliver's Hong Kong-based teacher and handler Toshi, who reportedly will also appear on the show, but it's unclear whether they will be seen in present-day Starling City.
Tatsu was first introduced in a special insert in "The Brave and the Bold" comic book #200 in 1983. She was recently featured in the 27th issue of the "Green Arrow" origin series graphic novels published earlier this year.
"Arrow" season 3 will premiere Wednesday, October 8, at 8/7c on The CW. Fans can get a sneak peek at the upcoming season during Warner Bros./DC Entertainment presentation at the Comic-Con International in San Diego on Saturday, July 26.
More Arrow News
- Salma Hayek Suggests Donald Trump Tried to Manipulate Her Into Agreeing on a Date
- 'Doctor Strange' Actor Benedict Wong Confirmed for 'Avengers: Infinity Wars'
- Leonardo DiCaprio Had Another Near-Death Experience While Diving in the Galapagos
- Listen to Sia's 3 New Tracks From 'This Is Acting' Deluxe Version
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 Set Pics: First Look at Kit Harington in Full Costume
- Donald Glover Officially Cast as Young Lando Calrissian in 'Han Solo' Movie
- Perrie Edwards Was Left Homeless After Nasty Split From Zayn Malik
- Azealia Banks Pens Apology Letter to Zayn Malik