'Arrow' Finds Its Katana in Devon Aoki
Model/actress Devon Aoki has landed a major recurring role on "Arrow". The 31-year-old star, whose acting credits include a role in 2003's "2 Fast 2 Furious" and 2005's "Sin City", will guest star as Katana a.k.a. Tatsu Yamashiro in the upcoming third season of The CW's action superhero series.
The character is described as a Japanese martial arts expert who wields a deadly sword, a blade from which her codename Katana is derived. According to Deadline, on the show, "Tatsu will be one of Oliver's mentors in the flashbacks and a critical influence on his journey to eventually become the Arrow of present day."
Tatsu is the wife of Oliver's Hong Kong-based teacher and handler Toshi, who reportedly will also appear on the show, but it's unclear whether they will be seen in present-day Starling City.
Tatsu was first introduced in a special insert in "The Brave and the Bold" comic book #200 in 1983. She was recently featured in the 27th issue of the "Green Arrow" origin series graphic novels published earlier this year.
"Arrow" season 3 will premiere Wednesday, October 8, at 8/7c on The CW. Fans can get a sneak peek at the upcoming season during Warner Bros./DC Entertainment presentation at the Comic-Con International in San Diego on Saturday, July 26.
More Arrow News
- Nick Jonas Caught Enjoying a Date Night With a Mystery Blonde
- Jimmy Kimmel Will Try His Best to Keep Matt Damon Off Oscars' Stage
- Prince Harry Plans to Move to the U.S. Once He Marries Meghan Markle
- Ed Sheeran Covers Little Mix's 'Touch' in Radio 1's Live Lounge
- Blonde Justin Bieber Enjoys Sunbathing in Acapulco - See the Pics
- 'Game of Thrones' Actor Alfie Allen to Join 'The Predator'
- Ben Affleck Moves Back in With Jennifer Garner Amid Divorce Rumors
- Bedroom Romp? Brandi Glanville and Boyfriend Pose Completely Naked in Bed in NSFW Selfie