'Arrow' Finds Its Katana in Devon Aoki
Model/actress Devon Aoki has landed a major recurring role on "Arrow". The 31-year-old star, whose acting credits include a role in 2003's "2 Fast 2 Furious" and 2005's "Sin City", will guest star as Katana a.k.a. Tatsu Yamashiro in the upcoming third season of The CW's action superhero series.
The character is described as a Japanese martial arts expert who wields a deadly sword, a blade from which her codename Katana is derived. According to Deadline, on the show, "Tatsu will be one of Oliver's mentors in the flashbacks and a critical influence on his journey to eventually become the Arrow of present day."
Tatsu is the wife of Oliver's Hong Kong-based teacher and handler Toshi, who reportedly will also appear on the show, but it's unclear whether they will be seen in present-day Starling City.
Tatsu was first introduced in a special insert in "The Brave and the Bold" comic book #200 in 1983. She was recently featured in the 27th issue of the "Green Arrow" origin series graphic novels published earlier this year.
"Arrow" season 3 will premiere Wednesday, October 8, at 8/7c on The CW. Fans can get a sneak peek at the upcoming season during Warner Bros./DC Entertainment presentation at the Comic-Con International in San Diego on Saturday, July 26.
More Arrow News
- Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux Hold Hands in NYC Following Split Rumors
- Backstreet Boys Joins Florida Georgia Line at iHeartRadio Music Festival. Plus Other Performances!
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors