'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' Short Movies Explain 10-Year Gap After the First Film
"Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" takes place 10 years after the events in "Rise of the Planet of the Apes". To explain what happened between the films, three short prequels are unleashed just in time before the second film hits U.S. theaters on July 11.
The first directed by Isaiah Seret is about the spread of the Simian Flu. It takes place in the first year after the deadly virus was unleashed. A mother is quarantined after testing positive for the virus, leaving her husband and daughter to fend for themselves.
The second one helmed by Daniel Thron is titled "Struggling to Survive". It is set five years after the Simian Flu all but wiped out humanity. It follows an orphaned teenage girl who survives by bartering things she has stolen from dead people's homes.
The final short, "Story of the Gun", is the longest of the three videos at more than 13 minutes. It follows the journey of a shotgun through the hands of several ill-fated owners as the Simian Flu ravages the world around them.
"Spread of Simian Flu": Before the Dawn of the Apes (Year 1):
"Struggling to Survive": Before the Dawn of the Apes (Year 5):
"Story of the Gun": Before the Dawn of the Apes (Year 10):
"Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" - New Featurette 'Epic Dawn':
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris