'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' Short Movies Explain 10-Year Gap After the First Film
"Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" takes place 10 years after the events in "Rise of the Planet of the Apes". To explain what happened between the films, three short prequels are unleashed just in time before the second film hits U.S. theaters on July 11.
The first directed by Isaiah Seret is about the spread of the Simian Flu. It takes place in the first year after the deadly virus was unleashed. A mother is quarantined after testing positive for the virus, leaving her husband and daughter to fend for themselves.
The second one helmed by Daniel Thron is titled "Struggling to Survive". It is set five years after the Simian Flu all but wiped out humanity. It follows an orphaned teenage girl who survives by bartering things she has stolen from dead people's homes.
The final short, "Story of the Gun", is the longest of the three videos at more than 13 minutes. It follows the journey of a shotgun through the hands of several ill-fated owners as the Simian Flu ravages the world around them.
"Spread of Simian Flu": Before the Dawn of the Apes (Year 1):
"Struggling to Survive": Before the Dawn of the Apes (Year 5):
"Story of the Gun": Before the Dawn of the Apes (Year 10):
"Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" - New Featurette 'Epic Dawn':
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked