'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' Short Movies Explain 10-Year Gap After the First Film
"Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" takes place 10 years after the events in "Rise of the Planet of the Apes". To explain what happened between the films, three short prequels are unleashed just in time before the second film hits U.S. theaters on July 11.
The first directed by Isaiah Seret is about the spread of the Simian Flu. It takes place in the first year after the deadly virus was unleashed. A mother is quarantined after testing positive for the virus, leaving her husband and daughter to fend for themselves.
The second one helmed by Daniel Thron is titled "Struggling to Survive". It is set five years after the Simian Flu all but wiped out humanity. It follows an orphaned teenage girl who survives by bartering things she has stolen from dead people's homes.
The final short, "Story of the Gun", is the longest of the three videos at more than 13 minutes. It follows the journey of a shotgun through the hands of several ill-fated owners as the Simian Flu ravages the world around them.
"Spread of Simian Flu": Before the Dawn of the Apes (Year 1):
"Struggling to Survive": Before the Dawn of the Apes (Year 5):
"Story of the Gun": Before the Dawn of the Apes (Year 10):
"Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" - New Featurette 'Epic Dawn':
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival