Julia Roberts' Half-Sister Blamed Actress and Family for Depression in Suicide Note
A suicide note written by Julia Roberts' half-sister Nancy Motes has been revealed. In the handwritten note, Motes who passed away earlier this year accused the Oscar-winning actress and other family members of driving her into depression.
"My mother and so-called 'siblings' get nothing except the memory that they are the ones that drove me into the deepest depression I've ever been in," reads the note, obtained by Mail Online. "I've suffered thru this disease all my life, however it has never been this bad. I burst into tears every morning (because) I woke up."
The Los Angeles County Coroner concluded that Motes committed suicide in February by downing various drugs and climbing into a bathtub filled with water. Addressing her fiance John Dilbeck, Motes wrote, "I know this will effect (sic) you the most & I can't apologize enough. I was truly blessed & lucky to have you as my true love and best friend. I will carry you with me forever."
The "August: Osage County" star and her late half-sister reportedly had rocky relationship. Prior to her suicide, Motes wrote some angry messages on Twitter. "So my 'sister' said that with all her friends & fans she doesn't need any more love. Just so you all know 'America's Sweetheart' is a B***h!!" read a tweet from January 20. "My own family has abandoned me," she added two days later.
More Julia Roberts News
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Gets Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed