Julia Roberts' Half-Sister Blamed Actress and Family for Depression in Suicide Note
A suicide note written by Julia Roberts' half-sister Nancy Motes has been revealed. In the handwritten note, Motes who passed away earlier this year accused the Oscar-winning actress and other family members of driving her into depression.
"My mother and so-called 'siblings' get nothing except the memory that they are the ones that drove me into the deepest depression I've ever been in," reads the note, obtained by Mail Online. "I've suffered thru this disease all my life, however it has never been this bad. I burst into tears every morning (because) I woke up."
The Los Angeles County Coroner concluded that Motes committed suicide in February by downing various drugs and climbing into a bathtub filled with water. Addressing her fiance John Dilbeck, Motes wrote, "I know this will effect (sic) you the most & I can't apologize enough. I was truly blessed & lucky to have you as my true love and best friend. I will carry you with me forever."
The "August: Osage County" star and her late half-sister reportedly had rocky relationship. Prior to her suicide, Motes wrote some angry messages on Twitter. "So my 'sister' said that with all her friends & fans she doesn't need any more love. Just so you all know 'America's Sweetheart' is a B***h!!" read a tweet from January 20. "My own family has abandoned me," she added two days later.
More Julia Roberts News
- The Great War Is Coming in First Trailer for 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- First Look at Benicio Del Toro and Laura Dern, Captain Phasma Unmasked in 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Beware Angelina Jolie! Brad Pitt Is Ready to Publish a Tell-All
- Kelly Clarkson and Jennifer Hudson Are Fighting Over 'The Voice' Gig
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon Are Planning to Remarry This Summer
- Fans Are Begging Justin Bieber to Cancel His Upcoming U.K. Concerts
- Beyonce's Security Team Conducting Trial Runs for Her Delivery
- AOA's Choa Wipes Her Instagram Account Clean Following Dating Rumors