'Man Finds Food' Premiere Canceled Following Adam Richman's Vile Comments
Travel Channel has canceled plans to premiere "Man Finds Food" on July 2 amid the host Adam Richman's vile comments on Instagram. "Travel Channel is postponing the July 2 series premiere of 'Man Finds Food'," a spokesperson said in a statement.
The channel did not further explain when the show would air. The "Man Vs. Food" host also confirmed the postponement on Facebook, writing, "The show will not be airing on July 2. Still waiting for a (sic) airing date for the show. Stay tune (sic) MFF fans!"
It was just last month that Richman was criticized for using the hashtag #thinspiration when captioning a photo of his suit which was several sizes too big after his weight loss. When Instagram users notified him about the term's meaning in pro-anorexia circles, Richman did not take it well.
"Maybe you'll acknowledge that just because someone is on TV, they are no less worthy of human kindness, respect, forgiveness or patience," he told one user. "...If my use of the hashtag offended you, it was unintentional & for that I'm sorry."
It got worse from there. He told one of the Instagram users who criticized him to "grab a razor blade and draw a bath. I doubt anyone will miss you." He also told another that the only f***ed up thing was "your Dad's choice to go without a condom."
He later apologized for his comments and deleted all the Instagram messages related to incident. "Yes. I've responded to internet hate recently with vile words directed at those hating me," he wrote. "I am sorry, I should know better & will do better." He also apologized via ABC's "Good Morning America", saying, "I've long struggled with my body image and have worked very hard to achieve a healthy weight. I'm incredibly sorry to everyone I've hurt."
Travel Channel will now air "American Grilled" in its place on Wednesdays at 9 P.M.
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters