'Man Finds Food' Premiere Canceled Following Adam Richman's Vile Comments
Travel Channel has canceled plans to premiere "Man Finds Food" on July 2 amid the host Adam Richman's vile comments on Instagram. "Travel Channel is postponing the July 2 series premiere of 'Man Finds Food'," a spokesperson said in a statement.
The channel did not further explain when the show would air. The "Man Vs. Food" host also confirmed the postponement on Facebook, writing, "The show will not be airing on July 2. Still waiting for a (sic) airing date for the show. Stay tune (sic) MFF fans!"
It was just last month that Richman was criticized for using the hashtag #thinspiration when captioning a photo of his suit which was several sizes too big after his weight loss. When Instagram users notified him about the term's meaning in pro-anorexia circles, Richman did not take it well.
"Maybe you'll acknowledge that just because someone is on TV, they are no less worthy of human kindness, respect, forgiveness or patience," he told one user. "...If my use of the hashtag offended you, it was unintentional & for that I'm sorry."
It got worse from there. He told one of the Instagram users who criticized him to "grab a razor blade and draw a bath. I doubt anyone will miss you." He also told another that the only f***ed up thing was "your Dad's choice to go without a condom."
He later apologized for his comments and deleted all the Instagram messages related to incident. "Yes. I've responded to internet hate recently with vile words directed at those hating me," he wrote. "I am sorry, I should know better & will do better." He also apologized via ABC's "Good Morning America", saying, "I've long struggled with my body image and have worked very hard to achieve a healthy weight. I'm incredibly sorry to everyone I've hurt."
Travel Channel will now air "American Grilled" in its place on Wednesdays at 9 P.M.
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences