Charli XCX Turned Down Offer to Collaborate With Christina Aguilera
A collaboration with Christina Aguilera doesn't sound right to Charli XCX. The British beauty, who's featured in Iggy Azalea chart-topping single "Fancy" as well as Icona Pop's smashing hit "I Love It", revealed in a recent interview that she once turned down the opportunity to work with the former Disney star.
"I've always done this my own way. I've passed up on many a thing that could have made me a big artist or something," she told Pop Justice. "Like I was offered a feature on a Christina Aguilera song and I turned it down. It just wasn't right. She's cool, but it just wasn't right."
In the interview, Charli also said that she planned to release a "punk album" to follow up last year's "True Romance". The project was already finished before getting scrapped. "I was over the music industry, I was over all of it. And I went to Sweden and made a punk album," she explained.
The 21-year-old artist went on saying that she'd replaced the punk record with something more radio-friendly. "I've made a pop record. I think it'll be completely finished by the end of July, I'm not doing any more writing sessions now ... I still want to put out all the stuff I did in Sweden. That is going to happen at a later point," she shared.
Charli recently recorded "Boom Clap" for the soundtrack of "The Fault in Our Stars", which opened in U.S. theaters last month. She has confirmed that the track will appear in her yet-to-be-titled LP.
- Chris Brown Accuser Told Her Friend Singer's 'About to Go Down' After Alleged Gun Incident
- 'Game of Thrones' Casts First New Addition for Season 7
- P. Diddy Teases Snippet of Cassie's New Single 'Make Up'
- 'Rogue One': Meet C2-B5, New Imperial Droid That Looks Like R2-D2
- Johnny Depp Reconnects With Kate Moss Following Amber Heard Divorce
- Kylie Jenner Surprises Tyga With $300,000 Bentley After His Ferrari Got 'Repossessed'
- Lady GaGa Teases 'Perfect Illusion' Music Video
- Rob Kardashian Reveals He Is Now Diabetes Free