Charli XCX Turned Down Offer to Collaborate With Christina Aguilera
A collaboration with Christina Aguilera doesn't sound right to Charli XCX. The British beauty, who's featured in Iggy Azalea chart-topping single "Fancy" as well as Icona Pop's smashing hit "I Love It", revealed in a recent interview that she once turned down the opportunity to work with the former Disney star.
"I've always done this my own way. I've passed up on many a thing that could have made me a big artist or something," she told Pop Justice. "Like I was offered a feature on a Christina Aguilera song and I turned it down. It just wasn't right. She's cool, but it just wasn't right."
In the interview, Charli also said that she planned to release a "punk album" to follow up last year's "True Romance". The project was already finished before getting scrapped. "I was over the music industry, I was over all of it. And I went to Sweden and made a punk album," she explained.
The 21-year-old artist went on saying that she'd replaced the punk record with something more radio-friendly. "I've made a pop record. I think it'll be completely finished by the end of July, I'm not doing any more writing sessions now ... I still want to put out all the stuff I did in Sweden. That is going to happen at a later point," she shared.
Charli recently recorded "Boom Clap" for the soundtrack of "The Fault in Our Stars", which opened in U.S. theaters last month. She has confirmed that the track will appear in her yet-to-be-titled LP.
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars