'Once Upon a Time' Casts 'Frozen' Characters Anna and Kristoff
"Once Upon a Time" has found its Anna and Kristoff of Disney's movie "Frozen (2013)". Newcomer Elizabeth Lail and "Greek" alum Scott Michael Foster are cast in the roles of Anna and Kristoff respectively, TVLine reports.
Anna is described as "a fun-loving, fearless optimist who often gets herself into situations where she is in over her head, yet is able to triumph due to her resourcefulness and can-do spirit." She's voiced by Kristen Bell in the animated movie.
Kristoff, voiced by Jonathan Groff in the big-screen version, is a handsome, hearty, salt-of-the-earth ice cutter who spent most of his life alone. When he first appears on "Once", "he is adjusting to life at the castle - including sleeping indoors for the first time in his life."
The fourth season of the ABC series will also feature Elsa a.k.a. the Snow Queen, who was voiced by Idina Menzel in the Disney film. She is the Queen of Arendelle. Having realized that the key to controlling her powers is love, now she is aware of the threat she poses if she were to lose control of her magic again.
Elsa is said to appear in approximately nine episodes, while the other two characters will appear in less episodes. No actress is cast for the role of Elsa yet.
In other "Frozen" news, newly-released art concepts show what the hit film would look like if it were released as a traditional 2D hand-drawn animation. Disney initially imagined the story of Anna and Elsa as a 2D animation in the same vein as "Aladdin" and "The Lion King", but following the performance of 2009's "The Princess and the Frog" which didn't meet the studio's expectation, they changed the plan and used CGI for "Frozen".
More Once Upon a Time News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences