Rep: Shia LaBeouf Is Seeking Treatment for Alcohol Problems
Shia LaBeouf did not check into rehab, despite reports suggesting otherwise. The former "Transformers" star reportedly was seen outside a rehab facility recently, but a representative for the actor explains in a statement released on Tuesday, July 1 that the actor is voluntarily seeking treatment for alcohol addiction.
The rep additionally says that LaBeouf is not in rehab. "He understands that these recent actions are a symptom of a larger health problem and he has taken the first of many necessary steps towards recovery," the representative explains.
On Monday, X17Online reported that LaBeouf went to a rehab facility in Los Angeles which is frequented by celebrities. He reportedly was greeted by a nurse and a security guard when he arrived. "Shia was nervous; he didn't look good all morning. He was looking down and wasn't even talking to his driver. It looked like he didn't want to do it, but he knew he had to," said a photographer who followed LaBeouf. Earlier that day, he was also spotted holding what appeared to be an Alcoholics Anonymous "Big Book."
After the rehab report surfaced, the "Nymphomaniac" star was seen stepping out of his home with a friend. Wearing a gray t-shirt and jeans, he was seen grabbing a coffee on Tuesday morning.
The 28-year-old actor recently made headlines after he was arrested during a performance of Broadway's "Cabaret" for making disruptive behavior. He was charged with two counts of disorderly conduct and one count of criminal trespassing and is scheduled to appear in court on July 24.
More Shia LaBeouf News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special