Rep: Shia LaBeouf Is Seeking Treatment for Alcohol Problems
Shia LaBeouf did not check into rehab, despite reports suggesting otherwise. The former "Transformers" star reportedly was seen outside a rehab facility recently, but a representative for the actor explains in a statement released on Tuesday, July 1 that the actor is voluntarily seeking treatment for alcohol addiction.
The rep additionally says that LaBeouf is not in rehab. "He understands that these recent actions are a symptom of a larger health problem and he has taken the first of many necessary steps towards recovery," the representative explains.
On Monday, X17Online reported that LaBeouf went to a rehab facility in Los Angeles which is frequented by celebrities. He reportedly was greeted by a nurse and a security guard when he arrived. "Shia was nervous; he didn't look good all morning. He was looking down and wasn't even talking to his driver. It looked like he didn't want to do it, but he knew he had to," said a photographer who followed LaBeouf. Earlier that day, he was also spotted holding what appeared to be an Alcoholics Anonymous "Big Book."
After the rehab report surfaced, the "Nymphomaniac" star was seen stepping out of his home with a friend. Wearing a gray t-shirt and jeans, he was seen grabbing a coffee on Tuesday morning.
The 28-year-old actor recently made headlines after he was arrested during a performance of Broadway's "Cabaret" for making disruptive behavior. He was charged with two counts of disorderly conduct and one count of criminal trespassing and is scheduled to appear in court on July 24.
More Shia LaBeouf News
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert