'Criminal Minds' Hires Jennifer Love Hewitt as Series Regular
Jennifer Love Hewitt is expected to bring a surge of new energy into CBS' "Criminal Minds". The actress is joining the network's long-running hit as a series regular starting this fall.
"We're thrilled to introduce a new special agent by adding the very talented Jennifer Love Hewitt to our amazing cast," showrunner Erica Messer said in the announcement. "Many of us on the show have enjoyed working with her over the years and look forward to again. We have exciting storylines planned for her character and the entire BAU team as we head into our 10th season."
Hewitt is attached to play Kate Callahan, a "seasoned undercover agent whose stellar work at the FBI has landed her a coveted position with the Behavioral Analysis Unit."
Hewitt is no stranger to CBS family. She headlined the network's "Ghost Whisperer" for five seasons through 2010 before starring in Lifetime's "The Client List" which ended after two seasons.
"Criminal Minds" will be back for the 10th season on Wednesday, October 1 at 9 P.M.
More Criminal Minds News
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending