'Criminal Minds' Hires Jennifer Love Hewitt as Series Regular
Jennifer Love Hewitt is expected to bring a surge of new energy into CBS' "Criminal Minds". The actress is joining the network's long-running hit as a series regular starting this fall.
"We're thrilled to introduce a new special agent by adding the very talented Jennifer Love Hewitt to our amazing cast," showrunner Erica Messer said in the announcement. "Many of us on the show have enjoyed working with her over the years and look forward to again. We have exciting storylines planned for her character and the entire BAU team as we head into our 10th season."
Hewitt is attached to play Kate Callahan, a "seasoned undercover agent whose stellar work at the FBI has landed her a coveted position with the Behavioral Analysis Unit."
Hewitt is no stranger to CBS family. She headlined the network's "Ghost Whisperer" for five seasons through 2010 before starring in Lifetime's "The Client List" which ended after two seasons.
"Criminal Minds" will be back for the 10th season on Wednesday, October 1 at 9 P.M.
More Criminal Minds News
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Announces Big Reveal on May 31
- Dwayne Johnson Hints at Darker Hobbs in 'Fast and Furious 8' Image
- Paul Bettany Defends Johnny Depp Amid Amber Heard's Domestic Violence Accusations
- Khloe, Kourtney Kardashian, Tyga Celebrate Scott Disick's Birthday in Vegas
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media