'Criminal Minds' Hires Jennifer Love Hewitt as Series Regular
Jennifer Love Hewitt is expected to bring a surge of new energy into CBS' "Criminal Minds". The actress is joining the network's long-running hit as a series regular starting this fall.
"We're thrilled to introduce a new special agent by adding the very talented Jennifer Love Hewitt to our amazing cast," showrunner Erica Messer said in the announcement. "Many of us on the show have enjoyed working with her over the years and look forward to again. We have exciting storylines planned for her character and the entire BAU team as we head into our 10th season."
Hewitt is attached to play Kate Callahan, a "seasoned undercover agent whose stellar work at the FBI has landed her a coveted position with the Behavioral Analysis Unit."
Hewitt is no stranger to CBS family. She headlined the network's "Ghost Whisperer" for five seasons through 2010 before starring in Lifetime's "The Client List" which ended after two seasons.
"Criminal Minds" will be back for the 10th season on Wednesday, October 1 at 9 P.M.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance