'Criminal Minds' Hires Jennifer Love Hewitt as Series Regular
Jennifer Love Hewitt is expected to bring a surge of new energy into CBS' "Criminal Minds". The actress is joining the network's long-running hit as a series regular starting this fall.
"We're thrilled to introduce a new special agent by adding the very talented Jennifer Love Hewitt to our amazing cast," showrunner Erica Messer said in the announcement. "Many of us on the show have enjoyed working with her over the years and look forward to again. We have exciting storylines planned for her character and the entire BAU team as we head into our 10th season."
Hewitt is attached to play Kate Callahan, a "seasoned undercover agent whose stellar work at the FBI has landed her a coveted position with the Behavioral Analysis Unit."
Hewitt is no stranger to CBS family. She headlined the network's "Ghost Whisperer" for five seasons through 2010 before starring in Lifetime's "The Client List" which ended after two seasons.
"Criminal Minds" will be back for the 10th season on Wednesday, October 1 at 9 P.M.
More Criminal Minds News
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna
- 'Scream Queens': Hester Will Help Find the Killer in Season 2. Is She No Longer the Bad Guy?
- Possible Main Villains in 'The Flash' Film Are Revealed, 'Doctor Strange' May Feature Brother Voodoo
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans