Robin Williams Is Back at Rehab to Maintain Sobriety
Robin Williams has gone back into rehab. He checks into the Hazelden Addiction Treatment Center in Minnesota. The words get out after he posed for a picture with a fan at a Dairy Queen near the treatment facility over the weekend.
The "Night at the Museum" actor, 62, enters a program to maintain his sobriety. "This is not about him falling off the wagon," a source said to FOX411 of his latest rehab visit. "It's like an educational and spiritual facility... It's all very healthy."
"After working back-to-back projects, Robin is simply taking the opportunity to fine-tune and focus on his continued commitment, of which he remains extremely proud," a representative for the Oscar-winning star stated to the media.
Williams has been open about his struggle with cocaine and alcohol addiction in the past. He has dealt with substance abuse since 1980s and last went to rehab in 2006 for alcoholism after 20 years of sobriety.
"It's [addiction] -- not caused by anything, it's just there," he said back then. "It waits. It lays in wait for the time when you think, 'It's fine now, I'm OK.' Then, the next thing you know, it's not OK. Then you realize, 'Where am I? I didn't realize I was in Cleveland.' "
More Robin Williams News
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'