Robin Williams Is Back at Rehab to Maintain Sobriety
Robin Williams has gone back into rehab. He checks into the Hazelden Addiction Treatment Center in Minnesota. The words get out after he posed for a picture with a fan at a Dairy Queen near the treatment facility over the weekend.
The "Night at the Museum" actor, 62, enters a program to maintain his sobriety. "This is not about him falling off the wagon," a source said to FOX411 of his latest rehab visit. "It's like an educational and spiritual facility... It's all very healthy."
"After working back-to-back projects, Robin is simply taking the opportunity to fine-tune and focus on his continued commitment, of which he remains extremely proud," a representative for the Oscar-winning star stated to the media.
Williams has been open about his struggle with cocaine and alcohol addiction in the past. He has dealt with substance abuse since 1980s and last went to rehab in 2006 for alcoholism after 20 years of sobriety.
"It's [addiction] -- not caused by anything, it's just there," he said back then. "It waits. It lays in wait for the time when you think, 'It's fine now, I'm OK.' Then, the next thing you know, it's not OK. Then you realize, 'Where am I? I didn't realize I was in Cleveland.' "
More Robin Williams News
- Patrick Dempsey Confirms He's Back Together With Wife Jillian Fink
- Amber Heard Files for Divorce From Johnny Depp
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?