Mick Jagger Mocks Monty Python, Calls Them 'Wrinkly Old Men' in Video to Promote Reunion Shows
Mick Jagger makes fun of Monty Python in a video to help promote the group's upcoming reunion shows. In the clip, shown during a press conference on Monday, June 30 before being made available on YouTube, the rocker is featured sitting on a couch with The Rolling Stones' drummer Charlie Watts when his assistant asks him if he wants tickets to the comedians' shows.
"Monty Python, are they still going?" Jagger says. "Who wants to see that again? It was funny in the Sixties." His assistant then tells him that the group's tickets for the first gig at London's O2 arena sold out in 40 seconds.
"Wow. They must be coining it in. That's pretty amazing," Jagger replies. "But they're still a bunch of wrinkly old men trying to relive their youth and make a load of money. I mean, the best one died years ago! Maybe back in the 70s it was fantastic - it was the funniest thing. We've seen it all before. I mean they've put it all up on YouTube!"
The surviving members of Monty Python are set to play 10 live shows, dubbed "Monty Python Live (Mostly)", at O2 Arena with the first gig taking place on Tuesday, July 1. That will mark the group's first time to perform together in 40 years.
Member John Cleese said that the show, which includes 10 male dancers and 10 female performers who writhe around in lingerie, cost around £4.5million to produce. "It's much more complicated and spectacular than I realized when we sat down for the read-through," said the 74-year-old entertainer, calling the concert "somewhere between a theatrical show and a rock show."
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy