Mick Jagger Mocks Monty Python, Calls Them 'Wrinkly Old Men' in Video to Promote Reunion Shows
Mick Jagger makes fun of Monty Python in a video to help promote the group's upcoming reunion shows. In the clip, shown during a press conference on Monday, June 30 before being made available on YouTube, the rocker is featured sitting on a couch with The Rolling Stones' drummer Charlie Watts when his assistant asks him if he wants tickets to the comedians' shows.
"Monty Python, are they still going?" Jagger says. "Who wants to see that again? It was funny in the Sixties." His assistant then tells him that the group's tickets for the first gig at London's O2 arena sold out in 40 seconds.
"Wow. They must be coining it in. That's pretty amazing," Jagger replies. "But they're still a bunch of wrinkly old men trying to relive their youth and make a load of money. I mean, the best one died years ago! Maybe back in the 70s it was fantastic - it was the funniest thing. We've seen it all before. I mean they've put it all up on YouTube!"
The surviving members of Monty Python are set to play 10 live shows, dubbed "Monty Python Live (Mostly)", at O2 Arena with the first gig taking place on Tuesday, July 1. That will mark the group's first time to perform together in 40 years.
Member John Cleese said that the show, which includes 10 male dancers and 10 female performers who writhe around in lingerie, cost around £4.5million to produce. "It's much more complicated and spectacular than I realized when we sat down for the read-through," said the 74-year-old entertainer, calling the concert "somewhere between a theatrical show and a rock show."
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service