FOX Cancels Drama Series 'Hieroglyph' Before Premiere
"Hieroglyph" will never see the light of day despite having received a straight-to-series order. It is reported that FOX has decided to cancel the drama before it premieres due to creative reasons.
Sources say the show's writers were informed on Monday that the network would not move forward with the project. Only one episode had been filmed for the sexy historical thriller set in Egypt, but scripts had been written for several more episodes. Words are, the stories weren't coming together as executives hoped.
Hailed from "Pacific Rim" writer Travis Beacham, "Hieroglyph" follows "a notorious thief who is plucked from prison to serve the Pharoah, navigating palace intrigue, seductive concubines, criminal underbellies and even a few divine sorcerers." Max Brown, Reece Ritchie, Condola Rashad, John Rhys-Davies, Caroline Ford, Antony Bunsee and Kelsey Chow are among the cast ensemble.
FOX has not commented on the cancellation of the action-adventure series. The show was not included in the network's fall line-up.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'