FOX Cancels Drama Series 'Hieroglyph' Before Premiere
"Hieroglyph" will never see the light of day despite having received a straight-to-series order. It is reported that FOX has decided to cancel the drama before it premieres due to creative reasons.
Sources say the show's writers were informed on Monday that the network would not move forward with the project. Only one episode had been filmed for the sexy historical thriller set in Egypt, but scripts had been written for several more episodes. Words are, the stories weren't coming together as executives hoped.
Hailed from "Pacific Rim" writer Travis Beacham, "Hieroglyph" follows "a notorious thief who is plucked from prison to serve the Pharoah, navigating palace intrigue, seductive concubines, criminal underbellies and even a few divine sorcerers." Max Brown, Reece Ritchie, Condola Rashad, John Rhys-Davies, Caroline Ford, Antony Bunsee and Kelsey Chow are among the cast ensemble.
FOX has not commented on the cancellation of the action-adventure series. The show was not included in the network's fall line-up.
- Stephen Baldwin Not Fan of Alec Baldwin's Donald Trump Impersonation on 'SNL'
- Kanye West Rips Jay-Z in Shocking Rant: 'There Will Never Be a Watch the Throne 2'
- 'Logan' Introduces X-23 in Official Teaser Trailer
- Watch This Chilling Video of Kim Kardashian Paris Robbery!
- Brad Pitt Finally Meets Son Maddox Since Plane Fight
- Uh-Oh! Blac Chyna Is Pissed Tyga and Kylie Jenner Stole Her Idea for King Cairo's Birthday Party
- Kim Kardashian's 'Not Doing Great' as She Reportedly Builds Panic Room After Paris Robbery
- Playboy Model Katie May Died Due to Fatal Injury Caused by Chiropractor, Coroner Confirms