FOX Cancels Drama Series 'Hieroglyph' Before Premiere
"Hieroglyph" will never see the light of day despite having received a straight-to-series order. It is reported that FOX has decided to cancel the drama before it premieres due to creative reasons.
Sources say the show's writers were informed on Monday that the network would not move forward with the project. Only one episode had been filmed for the sexy historical thriller set in Egypt, but scripts had been written for several more episodes. Words are, the stories weren't coming together as executives hoped.
Hailed from "Pacific Rim" writer Travis Beacham, "Hieroglyph" follows "a notorious thief who is plucked from prison to serve the Pharoah, navigating palace intrigue, seductive concubines, criminal underbellies and even a few divine sorcerers." Max Brown, Reece Ritchie, Condola Rashad, John Rhys-Davies, Caroline Ford, Antony Bunsee and Kelsey Chow are among the cast ensemble.
FOX has not commented on the cancellation of the action-adventure series. The show was not included in the network's fall line-up.
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2
- Blac Chyna Poses Nearly Naked for Elle and Calls Her Ex Tyga 'Kinda Cheap'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Summer Finale Recap: Mary Drake's Child Revealed, Someone Dead
- Mel C Reveals Why She Turned Down Spice Girls Reunion
- Drake and Rihanna Are 'Fully Dating' as They're Done 'Hiding' Their Relationship
- Miranda Kerr Reveals Ex Orlando Bloom Warned Her About His Penis Photos
- 'Star Wars' Actor Ian McDiarmid Confirms He Won't Return as Emperor Palpatine in 'Rogue One'
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years