FOX Cancels Drama Series 'Hieroglyph' Before Premiere
"Hieroglyph" will never see the light of day despite having received a straight-to-series order. It is reported that FOX has decided to cancel the drama before it premieres due to creative reasons.
Sources say the show's writers were informed on Monday that the network would not move forward with the project. Only one episode had been filmed for the sexy historical thriller set in Egypt, but scripts had been written for several more episodes. Words are, the stories weren't coming together as executives hoped.
Hailed from "Pacific Rim" writer Travis Beacham, "Hieroglyph" follows "a notorious thief who is plucked from prison to serve the Pharoah, navigating palace intrigue, seductive concubines, criminal underbellies and even a few divine sorcerers." Max Brown, Reece Ritchie, Condola Rashad, John Rhys-Davies, Caroline Ford, Antony Bunsee and Kelsey Chow are among the cast ensemble.
FOX has not commented on the cancellation of the action-adventure series. The show was not included in the network's fall line-up.
- Hugh Hefner Makes Fun of Death Rumors: Tabloids Should've Told Me That I'm Sick
- Solange Releases 'A Seat at the Table' Album Featuring Lil Wayne and Kelly Rowland
- 'The Bachelor': Get Details of Nick Viall's Carnival Date
- Is That a Baby Bump? Christina Aguilera Looks Pregnant When Attending Drake's Concert
- Yes, Jessica Biel Eats in the Shower and She Wants You to Try It Too
- 'War for the Planet of the Apes' Gets Official Synopsis, First Footage Is Coming to NYCC
- Iggy Azalea Pushes Back 'Digital Distortion' Release to 2017, Cites Nick Young Drama
- Ben Affleck Says Taylor Swift Was Like 'God' When His Kids Met Her