FOX Cancels Drama Series 'Hieroglyph' Before Premiere
"Hieroglyph" will never see the light of day despite having received a straight-to-series order. It is reported that FOX has decided to cancel the drama before it premieres due to creative reasons.
Sources say the show's writers were informed on Monday that the network would not move forward with the project. Only one episode had been filmed for the sexy historical thriller set in Egypt, but scripts had been written for several more episodes. Words are, the stories weren't coming together as executives hoped.
Hailed from "Pacific Rim" writer Travis Beacham, "Hieroglyph" follows "a notorious thief who is plucked from prison to serve the Pharoah, navigating palace intrigue, seductive concubines, criminal underbellies and even a few divine sorcerers." Max Brown, Reece Ritchie, Condola Rashad, John Rhys-Davies, Caroline Ford, Antony Bunsee and Kelsey Chow are among the cast ensemble.
FOX has not commented on the cancellation of the action-adventure series. The show was not included in the network's fall line-up.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story