'The First Wives Club' Heading to Broadway in 2015
The Broadway adaptation of "The First Wives Club" which has long been in development is now moving forward. The stage version of the classic comedy film is set to debut at Oriental Theatre in Chicago on February 16, 2015 before moving to The Great White Way for the 2015-2016 season.
The play is directed by Simon Phillips ("Priscilla Queen of the Desert") and written by Emmy Award nominee Linda Bloodworth-Thomason. Meanwhile, the music will be handled by the celebrated Motown team of Brian Holland, Lamont Dozier and Eddie Holland.
The story is based on Olivia Goldsmith's 1992 novel about three divorced women who are seeking revenge on their ex-husbands who left them for younger women. The film starred Diane Keaton, Goldie Hawn, and Bette Midler, and got an Oscar nod for Best Original Score.
The movie was first turned into a stage musical in 2009 at The Old Globe Theater in San Diego, California as an attempt to bring it to Broadway. Directed by Francesca Zambello from a book by Rupert Holmes, it starred Karen Ziemba, Sheryl Lee Ralph, and Barbara Walsh.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story