'The First Wives Club' Heading to Broadway in 2015
The Broadway adaptation of "The First Wives Club" which has long been in development is now moving forward. The stage version of the classic comedy film is set to debut at Oriental Theatre in Chicago on February 16, 2015 before moving to The Great White Way for the 2015-2016 season.
The play is directed by Simon Phillips ("Priscilla Queen of the Desert") and written by Emmy Award nominee Linda Bloodworth-Thomason. Meanwhile, the music will be handled by the celebrated Motown team of Brian Holland, Lamont Dozier and Eddie Holland.
The story is based on Olivia Goldsmith's 1992 novel about three divorced women who are seeking revenge on their ex-husbands who left them for younger women. The film starred Diane Keaton, Goldie Hawn, and Bette Midler, and got an Oscar nod for Best Original Score.
The movie was first turned into a stage musical in 2009 at The Old Globe Theater in San Diego, California as an attempt to bring it to Broadway. Directed by Francesca Zambello from a book by Rupert Holmes, it starred Karen Ziemba, Sheryl Lee Ralph, and Barbara Walsh.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival