Nicki Minaj May Have Dissed Iggy Azalea During Acceptance Speech at BET Awards
Nicki Minaj allegedly threw some serious shade at Iggy Azalea when she accepted the Best Female Hip-Hop Artist awards at the 2014 BET Awards on Sunday night, June 29. According to some reports, the "Pills N Potins" hitmaker, who won the title for the fifth time in a row, dissed the Australian rapper who's rumored to use ghostwriters to pen tracks in her album.
In her acceptance speech, Minaj bragged about how she wrote every bar she rapped. "This is always very, very emotional for me. Because this is my fifth year winning this award and I don't take it for granted," she said. "What I want the world to know about Nicki Minaj is, that when you hear Nicki Minaj spit, Nicki Minaj wrote it."
She then insisted that she wasn't taking a jab at anyone. She added, "No, no, no shade. No, no, no shade. I used to sit in the studio with [Lil Wayne] and I would literally take sometimes three, four days to write a verse. And he was like, 'No, you can't be taking days to write no verse, you gotta write your verse right here in the studio.' And that's why I love him 'til this day. Because he pushed me to push my pen, and I'm still one of the only emcees that's out here spitting metaphors and making you think."
There's still no word if Azalea really uses ghostwriters for her album or not. The "Fancy" rapper hasn't commented on Minaj's speech.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Andi Dorfman Sparks Plastic Surgery Rumors
- Madonna Is Turning to Ex Sean Penn Amid Adoption Crisis
- 'Beauty and the Beast' Will Feature Disney's First Gay Character
- Jay-Z and Chris Martin Enjoy Night Out in WeHo
- Kris Is Convincing Caitlyn Jenner to Return to 'KUWTK' After 'I Am Cait' Cancellation
- Lady GaGa Confirms Coachella Gig With Line-Up Photo
- 'T.I. and Tiny: The Family Hustle' Is Renewed for Season 6 Amid Their Divorce Drama
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Cozying Up to Mystery Brunette Days Before Katy Perry Split