Rosie O'Donnell Reportedly to Return to 'The View'
Executives at the ABC reportedly are trying to bring back Rosie O'Donnell to "The View". A source told FOX411 that the 52-year-old actress/comedian was considered to take the hosting gig because she "has what it takes to add some controversy and drive the ratings up." The source added, "The network executives really wanted Rosie back."
O'Donnell previously served as a co-host on the show between September 2006 and May 2007. "My needs for the future just didn't dovetail with what ABC was able to offer me," she said of her departure back then. "They wanted me three years, I wanted one year and it just didn't work." In February, the comedian was back to "The View" as a guest.
A few days ago, Sherri Shepherd announced her exit from "The View" following a 7-year stint. "It's been seven wonderful years on 'The View' and after careful consideration it is time for me to move on," she said. Co-host Jenny McCarthy then hinted on Twitter that she would leave too, leaving Whoopi Goldberg as the sole host following Barbara Walters' retirement.
Reports of possible co-hosts for the show have been floating around, but the network apparently has not made decision. "There is a lot of rumor and speculation about who will be joining the show," ABC said, adding that they were "not ready to make any announcements."
More The View News
- Get New Details of Kristen Stewart and Alicia Cargile's Upcoming Nuptials
- Britney Spears on Performing at 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show: 'I Would' Do That Again!
- Amanda Bynes Returns to Twitter, Updates Fans About Her School Life
- Courteney Cox Regrets Having Plastic Surgery
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'