Rosie O'Donnell Reportedly to Return to 'The View'
Executives at the ABC reportedly are trying to bring back Rosie O'Donnell to "The View". A source told FOX411 that the 52-year-old actress/comedian was considered to take the hosting gig because she "has what it takes to add some controversy and drive the ratings up." The source added, "The network executives really wanted Rosie back."
O'Donnell previously served as a co-host on the show between September 2006 and May 2007. "My needs for the future just didn't dovetail with what ABC was able to offer me," she said of her departure back then. "They wanted me three years, I wanted one year and it just didn't work." In February, the comedian was back to "The View" as a guest.
A few days ago, Sherri Shepherd announced her exit from "The View" following a 7-year stint. "It's been seven wonderful years on 'The View' and after careful consideration it is time for me to move on," she said. Co-host Jenny McCarthy then hinted on Twitter that she would leave too, leaving Whoopi Goldberg as the sole host following Barbara Walters' retirement.
Reports of possible co-hosts for the show have been floating around, but the network apparently has not made decision. "There is a lot of rumor and speculation about who will be joining the show," ABC said, adding that they were "not ready to make any announcements."
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed