Rosie O'Donnell Reportedly to Return to 'The View'
Executives at the ABC reportedly are trying to bring back Rosie O'Donnell to "The View". A source told FOX411 that the 52-year-old actress/comedian was considered to take the hosting gig because she "has what it takes to add some controversy and drive the ratings up." The source added, "The network executives really wanted Rosie back."
O'Donnell previously served as a co-host on the show between September 2006 and May 2007. "My needs for the future just didn't dovetail with what ABC was able to offer me," she said of her departure back then. "They wanted me three years, I wanted one year and it just didn't work." In February, the comedian was back to "The View" as a guest.
A few days ago, Sherri Shepherd announced her exit from "The View" following a 7-year stint. "It's been seven wonderful years on 'The View' and after careful consideration it is time for me to move on," she said. Co-host Jenny McCarthy then hinted on Twitter that she would leave too, leaving Whoopi Goldberg as the sole host following Barbara Walters' retirement.
Reports of possible co-hosts for the show have been floating around, but the network apparently has not made decision. "There is a lot of rumor and speculation about who will be joining the show," ABC said, adding that they were "not ready to make any announcements."
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'