Rosie O'Donnell Reportedly to Return to 'The View'
Executives at the ABC reportedly are trying to bring back Rosie O'Donnell to "The View". A source told FOX411 that the 52-year-old actress/comedian was considered to take the hosting gig because she "has what it takes to add some controversy and drive the ratings up." The source added, "The network executives really wanted Rosie back."
O'Donnell previously served as a co-host on the show between September 2006 and May 2007. "My needs for the future just didn't dovetail with what ABC was able to offer me," she said of her departure back then. "They wanted me three years, I wanted one year and it just didn't work." In February, the comedian was back to "The View" as a guest.
A few days ago, Sherri Shepherd announced her exit from "The View" following a 7-year stint. "It's been seven wonderful years on 'The View' and after careful consideration it is time for me to move on," she said. Co-host Jenny McCarthy then hinted on Twitter that she would leave too, leaving Whoopi Goldberg as the sole host following Barbara Walters' retirement.
Reports of possible co-hosts for the show have been floating around, but the network apparently has not made decision. "There is a lot of rumor and speculation about who will be joining the show," ABC said, adding that they were "not ready to make any announcements."
More The View News
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Was 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge