Amanda Bynes' Bong-Throwing Case Dismissed
A judge in New York dismissed a bong-throwing case against Amanda Bynes on Monday, June 30. In January, the actress' legal team reached a deal which stated that the case would be dismissed if she continued attending counseling for the next six months and staying out of trouble.
During an appearance at the Manhattan Criminal Court on Monday, Bynes' lawyer stated that his client had complied with the terms. "We demonstrated today that she was in compliance and as we expected the case was dismissed and sealed," Gerald Shargel said, as reported by Reuters. Bynes was not present at the court meeting.
The legal problem started last year when she was accused of throwing drug paraphernalia out of the window of her apartment on the 36th floor in New York. She then was charged with tampering with physical evidence, reckless endangerment and criminal possession of marijuana.
Last year, the "Easy A" star made headlines with her erratic behavior. She then was admitted into a psychiatric facility and was released in December. Following the release, the 28-year-old star enrolled in the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in Orange County, majoring in fashion design.
Bynes looked healthy as she surfaced on Twitter in April, thanking fans for their birthday wishes. In the post, she attached a photo of her wearing bikini during a vacation. In mid-May, she shared a snap of her posing with "beautiful" sister Jillian Joyce.
More Amanda Bynes News
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert
- Kim Kardashian Caught Wearing Butt Pads at Khloe's Birthday Party
- Check Out Peter Parker in Spidey Suit on 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set