Amanda Bynes' Bong-Throwing Case Dismissed
A judge in New York dismissed a bong-throwing case against Amanda Bynes on Monday, June 30. In January, the actress' legal team reached a deal which stated that the case would be dismissed if she continued attending counseling for the next six months and staying out of trouble.
During an appearance at the Manhattan Criminal Court on Monday, Bynes' lawyer stated that his client had complied with the terms. "We demonstrated today that she was in compliance and as we expected the case was dismissed and sealed," Gerald Shargel said, as reported by Reuters. Bynes was not present at the court meeting.
The legal problem started last year when she was accused of throwing drug paraphernalia out of the window of her apartment on the 36th floor in New York. She then was charged with tampering with physical evidence, reckless endangerment and criminal possession of marijuana.
Last year, the "Easy A" star made headlines with her erratic behavior. She then was admitted into a psychiatric facility and was released in December. Following the release, the 28-year-old star enrolled in the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in Orange County, majoring in fashion design.
Bynes looked healthy as she surfaced on Twitter in April, thanking fans for their birthday wishes. In the post, she attached a photo of her wearing bikini during a vacation. In mid-May, she shared a snap of her posing with "beautiful" sister Jillian Joyce.
More Amanda Bynes News
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked
- North West Serves as Flower Girl at a Wedding and Dances Adorably at the Party
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose