Amanda Bynes' Bong-Throwing Case Dismissed
A judge in New York dismissed a bong-throwing case against Amanda Bynes on Monday, June 30. In January, the actress' legal team reached a deal which stated that the case would be dismissed if she continued attending counseling for the next six months and staying out of trouble.
During an appearance at the Manhattan Criminal Court on Monday, Bynes' lawyer stated that his client had complied with the terms. "We demonstrated today that she was in compliance and as we expected the case was dismissed and sealed," Gerald Shargel said, as reported by Reuters. Bynes was not present at the court meeting.
The legal problem started last year when she was accused of throwing drug paraphernalia out of the window of her apartment on the 36th floor in New York. She then was charged with tampering with physical evidence, reckless endangerment and criminal possession of marijuana.
Last year, the "Easy A" star made headlines with her erratic behavior. She then was admitted into a psychiatric facility and was released in December. Following the release, the 28-year-old star enrolled in the Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising in Orange County, majoring in fashion design.
Bynes looked healthy as she surfaced on Twitter in April, thanking fans for their birthday wishes. In the post, she attached a photo of her wearing bikini during a vacation. In mid-May, she shared a snap of her posing with "beautiful" sister Jillian Joyce.
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'