Carrie Fisher's Daughter to Play Princess Leia's Young Version in 'Star Wars Episode VII'
The mystery role which is going to be played by Billie Lourd in "Star Wars Episode VII" may have been revealed. According to a scoop from The Sun, Carrie Fisher's daughter with Bryan Lourd is tapped to play a younger version of Princess Leia. She is picked due to her uncanny resemblance to her famous mother.
"Billie flew into the U.K. to join her mother earlier this month," a source said. "She will even have her hair tied up in Princess Leia-style buns. She's an aspiring actress and singer so she grabbed the opportunity with both hands. Carrie backed the move as she wanted somebody in her family to play her most famous role."
The film is due December 18, 2015 in the U.S. John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Max von Sydow, Lupita Nyong'o, and Gwendoline Christie are among the cast. They are joined by the original members like Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker.
The plotline is still kept under tight wraps, but rumors suggest [Spoiler Alert!] Ford's Han Solo will lead "a galaxy-wide search party for Luke Skywalker [Hamill]," and the old smuggler will take the new kids on a journey with him. Ford is currently taking a break from the filming to recover from the injury he got during an on-set accident earlier in June.
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan on 'The Walking Dead' Season 7: It's Negan's World Now
- First Look at New Villain in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Revealed
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer