Carrie Fisher's Daughter to Play Princess Leia's Young Version in 'Star Wars Episode VII'
The mystery role which is going to be played by Billie Lourd in "Star Wars Episode VII" may have been revealed. According to a scoop from The Sun, Carrie Fisher's daughter with Bryan Lourd is tapped to play a younger version of Princess Leia. She is picked due to her uncanny resemblance to her famous mother.
"Billie flew into the U.K. to join her mother earlier this month," a source said. "She will even have her hair tied up in Princess Leia-style buns. She's an aspiring actress and singer so she grabbed the opportunity with both hands. Carrie backed the move as she wanted somebody in her family to play her most famous role."
The film is due December 18, 2015 in the U.S. John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Max von Sydow, Lupita Nyong'o, and Gwendoline Christie are among the cast. They are joined by the original members like Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker.
The plotline is still kept under tight wraps, but rumors suggest [Spoiler Alert!] Ford's Han Solo will lead "a galaxy-wide search party for Luke Skywalker [Hamill]," and the old smuggler will take the new kids on a journey with him. Ford is currently taking a break from the filming to recover from the injury he got during an on-set accident earlier in June.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival