Carrie Fisher's Daughter to Play Princess Leia's Young Version in 'Star Wars Episode VII'
The mystery role which is going to be played by Billie Lourd in "Star Wars Episode VII" may have been revealed. According to a scoop from The Sun, Carrie Fisher's daughter with Bryan Lourd is tapped to play a younger version of Princess Leia. She is picked due to her uncanny resemblance to her famous mother.
"Billie flew into the U.K. to join her mother earlier this month," a source said. "She will even have her hair tied up in Princess Leia-style buns. She's an aspiring actress and singer so she grabbed the opportunity with both hands. Carrie backed the move as she wanted somebody in her family to play her most famous role."
The film is due December 18, 2015 in the U.S. John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Max von Sydow, Lupita Nyong'o, and Gwendoline Christie are among the cast. They are joined by the original members like Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker.
The plotline is still kept under tight wraps, but rumors suggest [Spoiler Alert!] Ford's Han Solo will lead "a galaxy-wide search party for Luke Skywalker [Hamill]," and the old smuggler will take the new kids on a journey with him. Ford is currently taking a break from the filming to recover from the injury he got during an on-set accident earlier in June.
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4