Beyonce Placed First on Forbes' Celebrity 100 List
Beyonce Knowles tops this year's list of Celebrity 100 by Forbes. The "Single Ladies" singer knocks Oprah Winfrey out of the first place this year as the media mogul sits at No. 4. The second place is taken by LeBron James, while Dr. Dre takes the third spot. Ellen DeGeneres rounds out the top five.
The magazine compiles the list based on fame and money. The ranks are decided after they obtained info regarding stars' estimated income from entertainment-related activities from June 1, 2013 to June 1 2014 by talking to lawyers, producers, agents and other people in the entertainment industry. The celebrities' fame, meanwhile, was measured by social media power and how many times each star was mentioned in printed media, on TV and radio.
During the period, the former Destiny's Child member cashed in an estimated $115 million. She gained success with her tour which raked in $2.4 million per stop, according to Pollstar. Her album "Beyonce" was also popular with its single "Drunk in Love" having sold more than 1 million copies. In addition to her music, the mother of one took part in campaigns for various companies such as H&M and Pepsi.
James, who is placed second, gained about $72 million last year with endorsing gigs for Coke and McDonald's among others. Dr. Dre, meanwhile, received a whopping $620 million in earnings last year due to Apple's purchase of Beats by Dre. Last year, Winfrey received approximately $82 million in earnings, while the host of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" gained $70 million.
Forbes' 2014 Celebrity 100 List:
- Beyonce Knowles, $115 million
- LeBron James, $72 million
- Dr. Dre, $620 million
- Oprah Winfrey, $82 million
- Ellen DeGeneres, $70 million
- Jay-Z, $60 million
- Floyd Mayweather, Jr., $105 million
- Rihanna, $48 million
- Katy Perry, $40 million
- Robert Downey Jr., $75 million
More Beyonce Knowles News
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch