Leaked 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Script Reveals Opening Sequence
Bryan Singer leaked a small part of "X-Men: Apocalypse" script on Instagram. The director shared the opening sequence of the "X-Men: Days of Future Past" follow-up which script was dated June 6, 2014 and written by him, Simon Kinberg, Michael Dougherty, as well as Dan Harris.
The snapshot of the script revealed several big details such as Nile being the background and a "sprawling battle" involving the Four Horsemen. It may as well take place in ancient Egypt or any 10 other African countries that the river runs through. The four hooded men are the villain Apocalypse's henchmen who are sometimes referred to as The Four Horsemen of Apocalypse. They appeared briefly at the after-credit of "Days of Future Past".
Little is known about "Apocalypse" plot. It is presumed that the inspiration is taken from the comics' "Age of Apocalypse" storyline where the villain handpicked four mutants, often times by force and brainwashing, to aide his cause. He enhanced their abilities, turned them into super soldiers and called them Pestilence, War, Famine and Death.
"X-Men: Apocalypse" will be released May 27, 2016 across the State. Rumor has it, the film takes place in the '80s and centers on Mystique, Beast, Magneto and Professor X.
It is yet clear whether Singer will return to direct. The director was accused of sexual abuse by an aspiring actor earlier this year. 20th Century Fox tried to distance itself from him, saying in April that "these are serious allegations, and they will be resolved in the appropriate forum." A hearing is set for August 4.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie