'Biggest Loser' Adds Two New Trainers Jessie Pavelka and Jennifer Widerstrom
"The Biggest Loser" has added two new trainers for the upcoming season which will premiere on Thursday, September 11 (8-10 P.M. ET/PT). NBC announced on Monday, June 30 that Jessie Pavelka and Jennifer Widerstrom would join other trainers Bob Harper and Dolvett Quince following Jillian Michaels' departure which was announced a few days ago.
"We are excited to welcome Jessie and Jen into 'The Biggest Loser' family, and know they will be valuable players on this life-changing show that continues to inspire millions of people to embrace a healthy lifestyle," said Paul Telegdy, President, Alternative and Late Night Programming, NBC Entertainment. "We look forward to viewers meeting them and to revealing more great changes we have in store for the new season."
Pavelka is a fitness expert who previously took part on Lifetime's reality show "DietTribe" as well as British weight-loss documentaries. He also hosted OWN's "Wake-Up WorkOut with Gaiam" and appeared on "Motivation Nation" segment on U.K.'s "Daybreak". Widerstorm, meanwhile, previously starred on NBC's "American Gladiators". She additionally has served as a fitness expert for Fitbie.com and life coach for MSN.com.
A few days ago, the network announced that Michaels would not be back for season 16 of the weight-loss reality show. Joining the show in 2004, Michaels previously quit in 2006, but she was back to her position the next year. She left again in 2011 only to return for season 14 and 15.
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?