Tom Hardy Joins Leonardo DiCaprio in Revenge Movie 'The Revenant'
Tom Hardy will star opposite Leonardo DiCaprio in "The Revenant" which is directed by Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu. Hardy's name has been linked to the movie several weeks now but he had to straighten out his schedule before committing fully to the project.
The film is based on Michael Punke's novel "The Revenant: a Novel of Revenge". It centers on a 19th century fur trapper who is mauled by a grizzly bear and left for dead. But he survives and embarks on a revenge mission against the people who robbed and betrayed him.
Production is scheduled to start on September 22 this year with New Regency aiming for a fall 2015 release. Cinematographer Emmanuel Lubezki who recently won an Oscar for "Gravity" will help Inarritu in shooting the film. "Vacancy" scribe Mark L. Smith is on the script.
Anonymous Content's Steve Golin, Keith Redmon and David Kanter will produce along with Inarritu, Arnon Milchan and James Skotchdopole. Paul Green, Brett Ratner and James Packer are executive producing. RatPac is co-financing with New Regency.
Hardy and DiCaprio shared screen for the first time in Christopher Nolan's "Inception". Will Poulter reportedly is in negotiations to join them in "Revenant".
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch
- Here Are the Pricey Items Tyga Wants From Kylie as Birthday Gifts
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Girls Get Matching Rings and Tattoos to Mark the End of Filming
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'