Robert Downey Jr. Blames Genetic Component on Son's Drug Addiction
Robert Downey Jr. has released a statement over his son's arrest through his rep. Indio Falconer Downey was arrested on Sunday, June 29 afternoon in West Hollywood on suspicion of cocaine and drug-paraphernalia possession.
"Unfortunately there's a genetic component to addiction and Indio has likely inherited it," Downey Jr. said on Monday. "Also, there is a lot of family support and understanding, and we're all determined to rally behind him and help him become the man he's capable of being. We're grateful to the Sheriff's department for their intervention, and believe Indio can be another recovery success story instead of a cautionary tale."
Both Downey Jr. and his filmmaker dad Robert Downey were known to have used drugs together. Downey Jr. even spent time in jail in between 1990s and 2000s. A source told TMZ that Downey Jr. has been helping his son with addiction problem for years. "He's very much in tune with his son's sobriety," the source said.
According to L.A. Now, sheriff's deputy spotted Indio smoking a pipe while he was a passenger in a car. The 20-year-old was later released on $10,250 bail just after midnight Monday morning.
More Robert Downey Jr. News
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters
- Drake Trips on Rihanna's Dress After Declaring His Love for Her at the 2016 MTV VMAs
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.10 Preview: Travis and Chris Run Into New Group