Robert Downey Jr. Blames Genetic Component on Son's Drug Addiction
Robert Downey Jr. has released a statement over his son's arrest through his rep. Indio Falconer Downey was arrested on Sunday, June 29 afternoon in West Hollywood on suspicion of cocaine and drug-paraphernalia possession.
"Unfortunately there's a genetic component to addiction and Indio has likely inherited it," Downey Jr. said on Monday. "Also, there is a lot of family support and understanding, and we're all determined to rally behind him and help him become the man he's capable of being. We're grateful to the Sheriff's department for their intervention, and believe Indio can be another recovery success story instead of a cautionary tale."
Both Downey Jr. and his filmmaker dad Robert Downey were known to have used drugs together. Downey Jr. even spent time in jail in between 1990s and 2000s. A source told TMZ that Downey Jr. has been helping his son with addiction problem for years. "He's very much in tune with his son's sobriety," the source said.
According to L.A. Now, sheriff's deputy spotted Indio smoking a pipe while he was a passenger in a car. The 20-year-old was later released on $10,250 bail just after midnight Monday morning.
More Robert Downey Jr. News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy