Robert Downey Jr. Blames Genetic Component on Son's Drug Addiction
Robert Downey Jr. has released a statement over his son's arrest through his rep. Indio Falconer Downey was arrested on Sunday, June 29 afternoon in West Hollywood on suspicion of cocaine and drug-paraphernalia possession.
"Unfortunately there's a genetic component to addiction and Indio has likely inherited it," Downey Jr. said on Monday. "Also, there is a lot of family support and understanding, and we're all determined to rally behind him and help him become the man he's capable of being. We're grateful to the Sheriff's department for their intervention, and believe Indio can be another recovery success story instead of a cautionary tale."
Both Downey Jr. and his filmmaker dad Robert Downey were known to have used drugs together. Downey Jr. even spent time in jail in between 1990s and 2000s. A source told TMZ that Downey Jr. has been helping his son with addiction problem for years. "He's very much in tune with his son's sobriety," the source said.
According to L.A. Now, sheriff's deputy spotted Indio smoking a pipe while he was a passenger in a car. The 20-year-old was later released on $10,250 bail just after midnight Monday morning.
More Robert Downey Jr. News
- Taylor Swift Is Taking a Break From Social Media After Struggling With Instagram Bullies
- Watch: John Legend Surprises London Commuters With Mini-Concert at Train Station
- Rob Kardashian Hints at Wanting More Kids as He's Gearing Up for Baby Dream's First Birthday
- Kris Jenner and Corey Gamble Are Still Dating, Despite Breakup Reports
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Was Drug-Tested for 'Tomb Raider'
- Chris Pine Shaves His Head Bald. Find Out How 'Homeland' Inspired His New Look
- Tyga Threatens to Sue Blac Chyna for Defamation After Snapchat Rant
- 'DWTS' Pro Cheryl Burke Is on Board for 'Dance Moms' Following Abby Lee Miller's Dramatic Exit