Robert Downey Jr. Blames Genetic Component on Son's Drug Addiction
Robert Downey Jr. has released a statement over his son's arrest through his rep. Indio Falconer Downey was arrested on Sunday, June 29 afternoon in West Hollywood on suspicion of cocaine and drug-paraphernalia possession.
"Unfortunately there's a genetic component to addiction and Indio has likely inherited it," Downey Jr. said on Monday. "Also, there is a lot of family support and understanding, and we're all determined to rally behind him and help him become the man he's capable of being. We're grateful to the Sheriff's department for their intervention, and believe Indio can be another recovery success story instead of a cautionary tale."
Both Downey Jr. and his filmmaker dad Robert Downey were known to have used drugs together. Downey Jr. even spent time in jail in between 1990s and 2000s. A source told TMZ that Downey Jr. has been helping his son with addiction problem for years. "He's very much in tune with his son's sobriety," the source said.
According to L.A. Now, sheriff's deputy spotted Indio smoking a pipe while he was a passenger in a car. The 20-year-old was later released on $10,250 bail just after midnight Monday morning.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7