Lily Allen Reveals Her Daughter Was Diagnosed With Laryngomalacia
Lily Allen revealed that she was scared after knowing her eldest daughter was diagnosed with a life-threatening illness called laryngomalacia when she was 12 months old. Laryngomalacia is a condition which obstructed the airway because the soft, immature cartilage of the upper larynx collapses inward during inhalation.
The British recording artist told BBC Radio 4'S Desert Island Discs about her daughter's illness, stating, "It's [the illness is] basically a problem with the throat. She was working so hard to breathe, to just exist really, and she wasn't really gaining any weight at all. Because all of the food she was taking on, she was just expending the energy on this breathing process."
"When she was really, really little the doctors said she had to have an operation to correct it and then that didn't work so she had to have it again," the 29-year-old actress continued, "And she was tiny, she'd lost so much weight and then as a result of that, because of what happened before with my previous, it was just a really tough time."
Lily said that her daughter had to be fed from tube for about eight months. The "Lily Allen and Friends" host soon revealed that her daughter was "absolutely fine now."
Lily had experienced a stillbirth before giving birth to Ethel. She recalled, "I lost a child three years ago now, and I just remember leaving the hospital empty-handed, so to speak, and driving from Homerton in Hackney, all the way down to Gloucestershire and this song ['I Would Rather Go Blind' by Etta James] being on a CD that Sam was playing and in a weird way it's just a nice song to kind of connect to."
Lily got married to a builder and decorator, Sam Cooper, in 2011. They have two children together, Ethel and Marnie.
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding