Lily Allen Reveals Her Daughter Was Diagnosed With Laryngomalacia
Lily Allen revealed that she was scared after knowing her eldest daughter was diagnosed with a life-threatening illness called laryngomalacia when she was 12 months old. Laryngomalacia is a condition which obstructed the airway because the soft, immature cartilage of the upper larynx collapses inward during inhalation.
The British recording artist told BBC Radio 4'S Desert Island Discs about her daughter's illness, stating, "It's [the illness is] basically a problem with the throat. She was working so hard to breathe, to just exist really, and she wasn't really gaining any weight at all. Because all of the food she was taking on, she was just expending the energy on this breathing process."
"When she was really, really little the doctors said she had to have an operation to correct it and then that didn't work so she had to have it again," the 29-year-old actress continued, "And she was tiny, she'd lost so much weight and then as a result of that, because of what happened before with my previous, it was just a really tough time."
Lily said that her daughter had to be fed from tube for about eight months. The "Lily Allen and Friends" host soon revealed that her daughter was "absolutely fine now."
Lily had experienced a stillbirth before giving birth to Ethel. She recalled, "I lost a child three years ago now, and I just remember leaving the hospital empty-handed, so to speak, and driving from Homerton in Hackney, all the way down to Gloucestershire and this song ['I Would Rather Go Blind' by Etta James] being on a CD that Sam was playing and in a weird way it's just a nice song to kind of connect to."
Lily got married to a builder and decorator, Sam Cooper, in 2011. They have two children together, Ethel and Marnie.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story