Andy Serkis Confirms He Lands Role in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
Andy Serkis let it slip that he'd landed a role in "Avengers: Age of Ultron". The actor made the exciting revelation when he talked about his new film "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" in a new interview with Variety.
Serkis already joined "Age of Ultron" as a consultant through his motion-capture company, The Imaginarium. Speaking of his involvement in the Marvel movie (as well as in "Star Wars episode VII"), he said, "I'm playing a role [in both films]. On 'The Avengers', I've been working closely with Mark Ruffalo."
When asked whether or not his face would appear in the movie, Serkis said, "I'm not at liberty to mention. But it's all the same to me. I've never drawn a distinction when playing a role, whether it be live action or performance capture. Acting is acting. It's just basically what you wear to the set that's different."
Serkis was originally hired for "Age of Ultron" to assist Ruffalo with his role as The Hulk. Of why Ruffalo, who also played the green beast in the previous "Avengers" movie, would still need his help this time, Serkis said, "Performance capture was used on the previous Hulk, but not to the same extent Mark is using it now."
"There are tools and ways of working with an actor that makes them feel that they own the character. And a character the size of the Hulk needs ownership, which Mark has now," he added.
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'
- Did Olivia Munn Just Throw Shade at Aaron Rodgers' Family?