Andy Serkis Confirms He Lands Role in 'Avengers: Age of Ultron'
Andy Serkis let it slip that he'd landed a role in "Avengers: Age of Ultron". The actor made the exciting revelation when he talked about his new film "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" in a new interview with Variety.
Serkis already joined "Age of Ultron" as a consultant through his motion-capture company, The Imaginarium. Speaking of his involvement in the Marvel movie (as well as in "Star Wars episode VII"), he said, "I'm playing a role [in both films]. On 'The Avengers', I've been working closely with Mark Ruffalo."
When asked whether or not his face would appear in the movie, Serkis said, "I'm not at liberty to mention. But it's all the same to me. I've never drawn a distinction when playing a role, whether it be live action or performance capture. Acting is acting. It's just basically what you wear to the set that's different."
Serkis was originally hired for "Age of Ultron" to assist Ruffalo with his role as The Hulk. Of why Ruffalo, who also played the green beast in the previous "Avengers" movie, would still need his help this time, Serkis said, "Performance capture was used on the previous Hulk, but not to the same extent Mark is using it now."
"There are tools and ways of working with an actor that makes them feel that they own the character. And a character the size of the Hulk needs ownership, which Mark has now," he added.
- Team Arrow Is on Break After Season Finale. What Will Bring Them Back Together?
- First Man Born on Mars Finds Love on Earth in First 'Space Between Us' Trailer
- Harry Styles Looks Handsome With His New Haircut. See His Clean-Cut Look!
- At Least Four People Shot During T.I.'s Concert in NY
- 'The Americans' to End After Two More Seasons
- Rihanna Launches 'Star Trek'-Inspired Eyewear With Dior. See the Futuristic Design!
- The Weeknd Cancels Performance on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Because of Donald Trump
- Kanye West Plays Matchmaker for Exes Khloe Kardashian and French Montana