Nicki Minaj Mentions Near-Death Experience in BET Awards Speech
Nicki Minaj made a surprising revelation during her speech at the 2014 BET Awards. The raptress, who was awarded with Best Female Hip-Hop Artist trophy at the Sunday, June 29 awards show, told the audience that she had a near-death experience recently.
In her 4-minute speech, Minaj who received the title for five consecutive years started by thanking her fans and Lil Wayne for their support. "I thank god that I've been placed in a position to do something and represent women in a culture that is so male-driven," Minaj said, adding that Wayne pushed her to do better.
"I just wanna say that, the other day, literally I didn't tell anyone this, I really thought I was about to die. Like I was saying my prayers to die. And I didn't even wanna call the ambulance because I thought well if I call the ambulance, it's gonna be on TMZ. And I would rather sit there and die," she shared. "And it made me realize, I don't care what anybody gotta say. I'ma do me, I'ma do me."
The 31-year-old star bagged two trophies that night. In addition to the Best Female Hip-Hop Artist award, Minaj and other Young Money stars were presented with Best Group award.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Is Hailey Baldwin Dating Kendall Jenner's Ex Jordan Clarkson?
- Kim Kardashian Says Goodbye to Barack Obama's Presidency With Throwback Pics
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo