Nicki Minaj Mentions Near-Death Experience in BET Awards Speech
Nicki Minaj made a surprising revelation during her speech at the 2014 BET Awards. The raptress, who was awarded with Best Female Hip-Hop Artist trophy at the Sunday, June 29 awards show, told the audience that she had a near-death experience recently.
In her 4-minute speech, Minaj who received the title for five consecutive years started by thanking her fans and Lil Wayne for their support. "I thank god that I've been placed in a position to do something and represent women in a culture that is so male-driven," Minaj said, adding that Wayne pushed her to do better.
"I just wanna say that, the other day, literally I didn't tell anyone this, I really thought I was about to die. Like I was saying my prayers to die. And I didn't even wanna call the ambulance because I thought well if I call the ambulance, it's gonna be on TMZ. And I would rather sit there and die," she shared. "And it made me realize, I don't care what anybody gotta say. I'ma do me, I'ma do me."
The 31-year-old star bagged two trophies that night. In addition to the Best Female Hip-Hop Artist award, Minaj and other Young Money stars were presented with Best Group award.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Fergie Debuts 'M.I.L.F. $'. Listen to the Empowering New Track!
- Nicki Minaj Goes Braless and Flashes Ample Boob in This Photo
- 'Pacific Rim 2' Gets New Release Date
- Gwyneth Paltrow on Being the Most Hated Celebrity: 'What Did I Do?'
- Vanessa Lachey Lands Lead Role in 'First Wives Club' TV Remake
- Free the Nipples! Jennifer Aniston Ditches Her Bra Again During NYC Outing
- Yikes! Khloe Kardashian Lived With The Game, and Some Other Men, When She Was a Teen
- Joe Perry: Aerosmith's Farewell Tour Is Simply 'an Option'