Nicki Minaj Mentions Near-Death Experience in BET Awards Speech
Nicki Minaj made a surprising revelation during her speech at the 2014 BET Awards. The raptress, who was awarded with Best Female Hip-Hop Artist trophy at the Sunday, June 29 awards show, told the audience that she had a near-death experience recently.
In her 4-minute speech, Minaj who received the title for five consecutive years started by thanking her fans and Lil Wayne for their support. "I thank god that I've been placed in a position to do something and represent women in a culture that is so male-driven," Minaj said, adding that Wayne pushed her to do better.
"I just wanna say that, the other day, literally I didn't tell anyone this, I really thought I was about to die. Like I was saying my prayers to die. And I didn't even wanna call the ambulance because I thought well if I call the ambulance, it's gonna be on TMZ. And I would rather sit there and die," she shared. "And it made me realize, I don't care what anybody gotta say. I'ma do me, I'ma do me."
The 31-year-old star bagged two trophies that night. In addition to the Best Female Hip-Hop Artist award, Minaj and other Young Money stars were presented with Best Group award.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy