Nicki Minaj Mentions Near-Death Experience in BET Awards Speech
Nicki Minaj made a surprising revelation during her speech at the 2014 BET Awards. The raptress, who was awarded with Best Female Hip-Hop Artist trophy at the Sunday, June 29 awards show, told the audience that she had a near-death experience recently.
In her 4-minute speech, Minaj who received the title for five consecutive years started by thanking her fans and Lil Wayne for their support. "I thank god that I've been placed in a position to do something and represent women in a culture that is so male-driven," Minaj said, adding that Wayne pushed her to do better.
"I just wanna say that, the other day, literally I didn't tell anyone this, I really thought I was about to die. Like I was saying my prayers to die. And I didn't even wanna call the ambulance because I thought well if I call the ambulance, it's gonna be on TMZ. And I would rather sit there and die," she shared. "And it made me realize, I don't care what anybody gotta say. I'ma do me, I'ma do me."
The 31-year-old star bagged two trophies that night. In addition to the Best Female Hip-Hop Artist award, Minaj and other Young Money stars were presented with Best Group award.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen