Nicki Minaj Mentions Near-Death Experience in BET Awards Speech
Nicki Minaj made a surprising revelation during her speech at the 2014 BET Awards. The raptress, who was awarded with Best Female Hip-Hop Artist trophy at the Sunday, June 29 awards show, told the audience that she had a near-death experience recently.
In her 4-minute speech, Minaj who received the title for five consecutive years started by thanking her fans and Lil Wayne for their support. "I thank god that I've been placed in a position to do something and represent women in a culture that is so male-driven," Minaj said, adding that Wayne pushed her to do better.
"I just wanna say that, the other day, literally I didn't tell anyone this, I really thought I was about to die. Like I was saying my prayers to die. And I didn't even wanna call the ambulance because I thought well if I call the ambulance, it's gonna be on TMZ. And I would rather sit there and die," she shared. "And it made me realize, I don't care what anybody gotta say. I'ma do me, I'ma do me."
The 31-year-old star bagged two trophies that night. In addition to the Best Female Hip-Hop Artist award, Minaj and other Young Money stars were presented with Best Group award.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues
- First Look at Miley Cyrus as Hippie in Woody Allen's 'Crisis in Six Scenes'
- Drake and Rihanna Kiss on Instagram, Enjoy Date Night After VMAs
- Chris Brown Reacts to Accusations That He Pulled Gun on Woman
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board