Artist of the Week: Robin Thicke
Robin Thicke has been bluntly admitting that he still loves his estranged wife Paula Patton and is trying to win back her heart. Last month, the singer debuted a new single titled "Get Her Back" which was clearly written with the actress in mind. However, it's not the only song he has prepared to impress her.
In fact, he has recorded 13 other tracks that are all inspired by Patton. Along with "Get Her Back", those songs are set to appear in his seventh studio effort titled "Paula" which is scheduled to come out on Tuesday, July 1 via Star Trak/Interscope.
In a new interview on "On Air with Ryan Seacrest", the 37-year-old artist said that it only took him less than a month to write all the songs in the LP. "I didn't have a choice," he said. "I came right off a tour and I had all these songs and all these ideas and feelings in my heart. And I went right into the studio. I wrote all the songs in about three weeks and we recorded the album in about a month."
He added, "Obviously, all the songs were about her or how I feel about her. A lot of songwriters have done this kind of thing before. They won't tell you in the title or they'll be suggestive... I was just like, 'There's no reason to hide who this is about.' It's all about her."
Thicke also described how he felt when he made himself listen to "Paula". "Sometimes when I'm alone, I appreciate the connection," he said. "Sometimes, it's overwhelming, also."
In the chat, the "Blurred Lines" hitmaker refused to comment on the current status of his relationship with Patton, "a remarkable woman" whom he's been in love with since high school. However, he revealed he's still struggling with the split, saying, "She's not just my wife, she's been my very best friend for 20 years. I lost two people. That's a lot to talk about."
On Sunday night, June 29, Thicke continued his efforts to woo back Patton by debuting another "Paula" cut called "Forever Love" at the 2014 BET Awards. Sitting at a black grand piano, he said before playing the ballad, "I'd like to dedicate this to my wife. I miss you and I'm sorry."
More Robin Thicke News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show