Michael Egan Withdraws Sex Abuse Lawsuit Against Gary Goddard
A man named Michael Egan, who sued Broadway producer Gary Goddard for sex abuse, withdrew the case on Saturday, June 28. Egan, who claimed that Goddard abused him in 1999 when he was 16 in Hawaii, dismissed the case just a few days after he withdrew a similar case against TV exec Garth Ancier. Both cases were dismissed without prejudice which means he may re-file them in the future.
In April, Egan filed lawsuits against "X-Men: Days of Future Past" director Bryan Singer, David Neuman, Goddard and Ancier, claiming that they abused him when he was a minor. All of them denied the accusation.
"Gary Goddard's sworn declaration, supported by detailed evidence, confirms that he was never in Hawaii during the period of time that Michael Egan alleges he was abused," Goddard's lawyers Paul Gaspari and Alan Grodin said in May.
"And it is supported by Egan's own sworn deposition confirming that he was not in Hawaii either, and that no one other than those he accused in 2003 - which did not include Gary Goddard - had ever allegedly assaulted him. We have consistently asserted throughout this whole unfortunate matter that our client vehemently rejects the allegations made against him, which are provably false," they added.
The case against Neuman was withdrawn in early June, but it was re-filed two days later. Egan also withdrew the suit against Ancier a few days ago. The TV exec countersued Egan and his lawyers on June 27 for malicious prosecution. The suit against Singer is pending.
- Katy Perry's Backup Dancer Falls Offstage During Her BRIT Award Performance
- Rooney Mara's Isla Tries to Commit Suicide in New 'The Discovery' Trailer
- Matt Damon Urging Ben Affleck to Find a New Wife Amid Jennifer Garner Divorce Rumors
- Scarlett Johansson All Smiles During Lunch Date With Mystery Man After Romain Dauriac Split
- The Chainsmokers and Coldplay Team Up for Love Song 'Something Just Like This'
- Daniel Craig and Rachel Weisz Are 'Living Separate Lives'
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Spin-Off 'Mayans MC' Taps John Ortiz to Star as New Charter President
- Angelina Jolie May Soon Star in 'Maleficent 2'