Michael Egan Withdraws Sex Abuse Lawsuit Against Gary Goddard
A man named Michael Egan, who sued Broadway producer Gary Goddard for sex abuse, withdrew the case on Saturday, June 28. Egan, who claimed that Goddard abused him in 1999 when he was 16 in Hawaii, dismissed the case just a few days after he withdrew a similar case against TV exec Garth Ancier. Both cases were dismissed without prejudice which means he may re-file them in the future.
In April, Egan filed lawsuits against "X-Men: Days of Future Past" director Bryan Singer, David Neuman, Goddard and Ancier, claiming that they abused him when he was a minor. All of them denied the accusation.
"Gary Goddard's sworn declaration, supported by detailed evidence, confirms that he was never in Hawaii during the period of time that Michael Egan alleges he was abused," Goddard's lawyers Paul Gaspari and Alan Grodin said in May.
"And it is supported by Egan's own sworn deposition confirming that he was not in Hawaii either, and that no one other than those he accused in 2003 - which did not include Gary Goddard - had ever allegedly assaulted him. We have consistently asserted throughout this whole unfortunate matter that our client vehemently rejects the allegations made against him, which are provably false," they added.
The case against Neuman was withdrawn in early June, but it was re-filed two days later. Egan also withdrew the suit against Ancier a few days ago. The TV exec countersued Egan and his lawyers on June 27 for malicious prosecution. The suit against Singer is pending.
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover
- Is It Really Over? Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban Have Been Living Separately for Months
- Mariah Carey's Split From James Packer Could Ruin Her E! Reality Series
- 'Deadpool 2' Circling 'John Wick' Helmer David Leitch