Don Mancini Confirms 'Chucky 7' Is in the Works
While attending the 40th Annual Saturn Awards on Thursday, June 26, director/scribe Don Mancini confirmed that there would be another "Chucky" saga. The seventh film is in the works but it is still very early in the process.
"I am working on Chucky 7, yes," Mancini, who wrote all six "Chucky" films, told Collider in an interview. "Chucky 7" will follow 2013's "Curse of Chucky" which stars Fiona Dourif, the granddaughter of Chucky's voice Brad Dourif.
When asked whether it would take darker path that "Curse" did, Mancini said, "Yes, it continues quite quickly on the last movie and Chucky bedevils [Fiona's] character again." Fiona's Nica was sent to a mental asylum after she accused the doll of murdering her family. A post credit scene showed Chucky being delivered to Andy Barclay, the young boy that defeated him and has since become adult.
However, Mancini and the Dourifs would not confirm whether Alex Vincent would reprise his role as Andy in "Chucky 7". Mancini said, "It's all early days for all of us, I've probably said too much."
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit