Don Mancini Confirms 'Chucky 7' Is in the Works
While attending the 40th Annual Saturn Awards on Thursday, June 26, director/scribe Don Mancini confirmed that there would be another "Chucky" saga. The seventh film is in the works but it is still very early in the process.
"I am working on Chucky 7, yes," Mancini, who wrote all six "Chucky" films, told Collider in an interview. "Chucky 7" will follow 2013's "Curse of Chucky" which stars Fiona Dourif, the granddaughter of Chucky's voice Brad Dourif.
When asked whether it would take darker path that "Curse" did, Mancini said, "Yes, it continues quite quickly on the last movie and Chucky bedevils [Fiona's] character again." Fiona's Nica was sent to a mental asylum after she accused the doll of murdering her family. A post credit scene showed Chucky being delivered to Andy Barclay, the young boy that defeated him and has since become adult.
However, Mancini and the Dourifs would not confirm whether Alex Vincent would reprise his role as Andy in "Chucky 7". Mancini said, "It's all early days for all of us, I've probably said too much."
- Kris Jenner Comes Under Fire for Allegedly Photoshopping Her Latest Instagram Pic
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoniex' Confirmed to Introduce Dazzler
- Jennifer Lopez Claps Back at Haters for Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Abs
- Bella Thorne and Scott Disick Holding Hands After a Night of Partying and Boozing
- Johnny Depp Sorry for Joking About Assassinating President Donald Trump
- Report: Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Are Spoiling Their Surrogate
- Kristen Stewart Caught Cheating on Stella Maxwell With Ex Alicia Cargile
- Find Out What George and Amal Clooney's Twin Kids Will Inherit When They Turn 21