Don Mancini Confirms 'Chucky 7' Is in the Works
While attending the 40th Annual Saturn Awards on Thursday, June 26, director/scribe Don Mancini confirmed that there would be another "Chucky" saga. The seventh film is in the works but it is still very early in the process.
"I am working on Chucky 7, yes," Mancini, who wrote all six "Chucky" films, told Collider in an interview. "Chucky 7" will follow 2013's "Curse of Chucky" which stars Fiona Dourif, the granddaughter of Chucky's voice Brad Dourif.
When asked whether it would take darker path that "Curse" did, Mancini said, "Yes, it continues quite quickly on the last movie and Chucky bedevils [Fiona's] character again." Fiona's Nica was sent to a mental asylum after she accused the doll of murdering her family. A post credit scene showed Chucky being delivered to Andy Barclay, the young boy that defeated him and has since become adult.
However, Mancini and the Dourifs would not confirm whether Alex Vincent would reprise his role as Andy in "Chucky 7". Mancini said, "It's all early days for all of us, I've probably said too much."
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Announces Full Cast and Pairings for Season 23
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur