Don Mancini Confirms 'Chucky 7' Is in the Works
While attending the 40th Annual Saturn Awards on Thursday, June 26, director/scribe Don Mancini confirmed that there would be another "Chucky" saga. The seventh film is in the works but it is still very early in the process.
"I am working on Chucky 7, yes," Mancini, who wrote all six "Chucky" films, told Collider in an interview. "Chucky 7" will follow 2013's "Curse of Chucky" which stars Fiona Dourif, the granddaughter of Chucky's voice Brad Dourif.
When asked whether it would take darker path that "Curse" did, Mancini said, "Yes, it continues quite quickly on the last movie and Chucky bedevils [Fiona's] character again." Fiona's Nica was sent to a mental asylum after she accused the doll of murdering her family. A post credit scene showed Chucky being delivered to Andy Barclay, the young boy that defeated him and has since become adult.
However, Mancini and the Dourifs would not confirm whether Alex Vincent would reprise his role as Andy in "Chucky 7". Mancini said, "It's all early days for all of us, I've probably said too much."
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4
- Drake's 'Views' Gets Quadruple-Platinum Certification
- Jimmy Kimmel Selected to Host 2017 Academy Awards
- Back on? Ryan Seacrest Spotted on Romantic Bike Ride With Ex Shayna Taylor in Venice
- Swoon Alert! Michelle Williams and James Van Der Beek Have 'Dawson's Creek' Mini Reunion
- Taylor Lautner Caught Making Out With His 'Scream Queens' Co-Star Billie Lourd
- Liam Payne's Facebook Is Hacked With Porn Images of Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry
- Optimus Prime Wants to Kill Bumblebee in 'Transformers: The Last Knight' First Teaser Trailer