Don Mancini Confirms 'Chucky 7' Is in the Works
While attending the 40th Annual Saturn Awards on Thursday, June 26, director/scribe Don Mancini confirmed that there would be another "Chucky" saga. The seventh film is in the works but it is still very early in the process.
"I am working on Chucky 7, yes," Mancini, who wrote all six "Chucky" films, told Collider in an interview. "Chucky 7" will follow 2013's "Curse of Chucky" which stars Fiona Dourif, the granddaughter of Chucky's voice Brad Dourif.
When asked whether it would take darker path that "Curse" did, Mancini said, "Yes, it continues quite quickly on the last movie and Chucky bedevils [Fiona's] character again." Fiona's Nica was sent to a mental asylum after she accused the doll of murdering her family. A post credit scene showed Chucky being delivered to Andy Barclay, the young boy that defeated him and has since become adult.
However, Mancini and the Dourifs would not confirm whether Alex Vincent would reprise his role as Andy in "Chucky 7". Mancini said, "It's all early days for all of us, I've probably said too much."
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media
- Comic-Con: 'Prison Break' Revival Debuts New Trailer and Clip
- Liv Tyler Shares Adorable Breastfeeding Photo With Her Newborn
- Calvin Harris and Kim Kardashian Party Together Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- Drake's New Mixtape Is on the Way as 'Views' Tops Billboard 200 for 11th Week