Video: Erykah Badu Crashes Live TV News Broadcast by Trying to Kiss Reporter
Erykah Badu awkwardly crashed a New York City television reporter's live broadcast on Friday, June 27. In a video that now has gone viral, a woman wearing a large white hat walked into the frame and made an obscene gesture when local news reporter Mario Diaz of New York station WPIX 11 reported Shia LaBeouf's recent arrest from the street.
She later approached Diaz and attempted to kiss him, but he pushed her away. Viewers soon identified the crasher as Badu. She initially denied it was her who interrupted the live report, but later tweeted, "Sorry Mario."
On Sunday, Badu was spotted wearing the same white hat at a block party in Brooklyn's Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Spike Lee's 1989 film "Do The Right Thing". The director as well as Public Enemy and Yasiin Bey also attended the event.
Erykah Badu Crashes Live TV Report:
Erykah Badu Celebrates the 25th Anniversary of "Do The Right Thing" :
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival