Rick Ross Arrested in North Carolina After Failing to Appear in Court
Rick Ross was taken into police custody late Friday night, June 27 in North Carolina. The 38-year-old rapper was arrested after he finished his set at the SuperJam concert which took place at the Greensboro Coliseum.
An arrest warrant for Rick Ross was issued by court after the lyricist blew off a court date for a misdemeanor marijuana charge reportedly stemming from a weed arrest in town last year. He was released after paying a $1,000 bond.
It's unclear why the rapper, whose real name is William Leonard Roberts II, failed to appear in court. A request to seek comment from his camp was not immediately returned.
Rozay will next perform at the Staples Center in Los Angeles before heading to Rochester in mid-July and flying to France for a gig on July 23. He was previously forced to call off his concert in Detroit after denied entry to the gig. He was reportedly confronted by an angry mob but he denied the rumor.
More Rick Ross News
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding
- Amanda Bynes Blacklists Parents as She Relaunches Career
- George Clooney and Amal Are Moving Their Children to L.A. for Safety Reasons
- Hugh Jackman Launches His First Circus in 'The Greatest Showman' Trailer
- Inside J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez's Secret Romantic Proposal in Paris
- Ex-Sistar Member Bora Is Dating Big Star's Feeldog
- The Obamas' Balinese Vacation Pictures: See the Family During Temple Visit and Rafting
- Ritz-Carlton Responds After Leslie Jones Accused It of Racism