Rick Ross Arrested in North Carolina After Failing to Appear in Court
Rick Ross was taken into police custody late Friday night, June 27 in North Carolina. The 38-year-old rapper was arrested after he finished his set at the SuperJam concert which took place at the Greensboro Coliseum.
An arrest warrant for Rick Ross was issued by court after the lyricist blew off a court date for a misdemeanor marijuana charge reportedly stemming from a weed arrest in town last year. He was released after paying a $1,000 bond.
It's unclear why the rapper, whose real name is William Leonard Roberts II, failed to appear in court. A request to seek comment from his camp was not immediately returned.
Rozay will next perform at the Staples Center in Los Angeles before heading to Rochester in mid-July and flying to France for a gig on July 23. He was previously forced to call off his concert in Detroit after denied entry to the gig. He was reportedly confronted by an angry mob but he denied the rumor.
More Rick Ross News
- Ja Rule Apologizes for Disastrous Fyre Festival, Insists 'It Was Not a Scam'
- 'Roseanne' Revival in the Works With Original Main Cast
- Aaron Rodgers Spotted on Date With 'Baywatch' Star Kelly Rohrbach After Olivia Munn Split
- Gwen Stefani Hospitalized Due to Ruptured Ear Drum
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob and Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner