Rick Ross Arrested in North Carolina After Failing to Appear in Court
Rick Ross was taken into police custody late Friday night, June 27 in North Carolina. The 38-year-old rapper was arrested after he finished his set at the SuperJam concert which took place at the Greensboro Coliseum.
An arrest warrant for Rick Ross was issued by court after the lyricist blew off a court date for a misdemeanor marijuana charge reportedly stemming from a weed arrest in town last year. He was released after paying a $1,000 bond.
It's unclear why the rapper, whose real name is William Leonard Roberts II, failed to appear in court. A request to seek comment from his camp was not immediately returned.
Rozay will next perform at the Staples Center in Los Angeles before heading to Rochester in mid-July and flying to France for a gig on July 23. He was previously forced to call off his concert in Detroit after denied entry to the gig. He was reportedly confronted by an angry mob but he denied the rumor.
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes