Jason Bateman to Direct and Star in FBI Wedding Comedy for Universal
Universal is looking to reteam with Jason Bateman after his directorial debut "Bad Words". Like in the previous film, the actor/director is tapped to serve behind the lens and play a key role in an untitled FBI wedding comedy for the studio.
It tells the story of two undercover FBI agents who pretend to fall in love and use their wedding as a law enforcement trap against the mob. Playwright David Bar Katz is tapped to write a fresh take on the story originally drafted by David Flebotte and Phil Alden Robinson.
The project was initially developed at Warner Bros. with Steve Carell among the cast. The "Foxcatcher" actor is no longer attached to the film.
Bateman will next be seen in Shawn Levy's dramedy "This Is Where I Leave You" with Tina Fey. He also boards "Horrible Bosses 2" and will carry a double duty as a director and actor in an adaptation of novel "The Family Fang" with Nicole Kidman.
- Get Details of Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth's Spiritual Summer Nuptials
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Gets Premiere Date
- New Couple Alert? Amber Rose Spotted Partying With Kevin Durant
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot