Jason Bateman to Direct and Star in FBI Wedding Comedy for Universal
Universal is looking to reteam with Jason Bateman after his directorial debut "Bad Words". Like in the previous film, the actor/director is tapped to serve behind the lens and play a key role in an untitled FBI wedding comedy for the studio.
It tells the story of two undercover FBI agents who pretend to fall in love and use their wedding as a law enforcement trap against the mob. Playwright David Bar Katz is tapped to write a fresh take on the story originally drafted by David Flebotte and Phil Alden Robinson.
The project was initially developed at Warner Bros. with Steve Carell among the cast. The "Foxcatcher" actor is no longer attached to the film.
Bateman will next be seen in Shawn Levy's dramedy "This Is Where I Leave You" with Tina Fey. He also boards "Horrible Bosses 2" and will carry a double duty as a director and actor in an adaptation of novel "The Family Fang" with Nicole Kidman.
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift