Jason Bateman to Direct and Star in FBI Wedding Comedy for Universal
Universal is looking to reteam with Jason Bateman after his directorial debut "Bad Words". Like in the previous film, the actor/director is tapped to serve behind the lens and play a key role in an untitled FBI wedding comedy for the studio.
It tells the story of two undercover FBI agents who pretend to fall in love and use their wedding as a law enforcement trap against the mob. Playwright David Bar Katz is tapped to write a fresh take on the story originally drafted by David Flebotte and Phil Alden Robinson.
The project was initially developed at Warner Bros. with Steve Carell among the cast. The "Foxcatcher" actor is no longer attached to the film.
Bateman will next be seen in Shawn Levy's dramedy "This Is Where I Leave You" with Tina Fey. He also boards "Horrible Bosses 2" and will carry a double duty as a director and actor in an adaptation of novel "The Family Fang" with Nicole Kidman.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie