Michael Bay Responds to 'Transformers' Haters
Michael Bay is not too worried about harsh criticisms surrounding his "Transformers" franchise. During a new interview with MTV News to support the latest installment "Transformers: Age of Extinction", the director had a few words for the haters.
"They love to hate, and I don't care; let them hate. They're still going to see the movie! I think it's good to get a little tension. Very good," he told MTV's Josh Horowitz. He also said, "I used to get bothered by it, but I think it's good to get the dialogue going. It makes me think, and it keeps me on my toes, so it's good."
"Age of Extinction" is coming to theaters across the country this weekend. "Transformers 5" is rumored to follow in 2016, but producer Lorenzo di Bonaventura denied it. "No, that's not accurate. Somehow that gets reported, it's made up by somebody and then everybody thinks it's true," he told Screen Rant.
"No, I think we've been doing these on different cycles. I think the same thing is going to happen this time. It's an exhausting process to make these movies. The scale of them is so enormous. It really does tax everybody and our tendency is to finish one at a time, recover, and then begin talking. And we'll do the same thing this time."
Mark Wahlberg leads the franchise, joining new faces like Nicola Peltz and Jack Reynor after the original main star Shia LaBeouf left.
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius
- Watch Usher and Future in 'Rivals' Music Video
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: Jared and Caila Prove Their Strong Bond With Bold Move
- Kim Kardashian Flashes Nipples in Intriguing Ensemble During an Outing in NYC