Rob Lowe Opens Up About Recent Vacation Disaster in France
Rob Lowe just had a scary experience during a recent European vacation. The actor and his family were rescued from their vacation home in Grasse, France after floods hit the area following heavy rain earlier this week. Speaking to Extra's AJ Calloway on Friday, June 27, the "Parks and Recreation" star said that he and his family were lucky to be rescued by "amazing first responders."
"When I looked out the bedroom window and saw a BMW car floating by... I knew it was probably time to call the rescue people. We got 12 inches of rain in two hours in the South of France, a lot of people lost property. We were very lucky. We got rescued by amazing first responders," he said.
"It's amazing how quickly it could all turn... my son and all his high school buddies were on a celebratory European trip with us, so they got memories they were not planning for and that they're never going to forget, that's for sure," he added.
The 50-year-old star also shared a photo of the floodwater on his Instagram, writing, "This is is right outside the house. Was twice as high at the worst, just before sunrise." His son John Owen Lowe also shared a photo from the house and wrote, "Thank you to the fireman that saved us from this nightmare. Happy for us all to be safe, thoughts to others."
Thank you to the fireman that saved us from this nightmare. Happy for us all to be safe, thoughts to others. pic.twitter.com/NWOdtMsAmj— Johnowen Lowe (@Johnny_L0we) June 25, 2014
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby