Rob Lowe Opens Up About Recent Vacation Disaster in France
Rob Lowe just had a scary experience during a recent European vacation. The actor and his family were rescued from their vacation home in Grasse, France after floods hit the area following heavy rain earlier this week. Speaking to Extra's AJ Calloway on Friday, June 27, the "Parks and Recreation" star said that he and his family were lucky to be rescued by "amazing first responders."
"When I looked out the bedroom window and saw a BMW car floating by... I knew it was probably time to call the rescue people. We got 12 inches of rain in two hours in the South of France, a lot of people lost property. We were very lucky. We got rescued by amazing first responders," he said.
"It's amazing how quickly it could all turn... my son and all his high school buddies were on a celebratory European trip with us, so they got memories they were not planning for and that they're never going to forget, that's for sure," he added.
The 50-year-old star also shared a photo of the floodwater on his Instagram, writing, "This is is right outside the house. Was twice as high at the worst, just before sunrise." His son John Owen Lowe also shared a photo from the house and wrote, "Thank you to the fireman that saved us from this nightmare. Happy for us all to be safe, thoughts to others."
Thank you to the fireman that saved us from this nightmare. Happy for us all to be safe, thoughts to others. pic.twitter.com/NWOdtMsAmj— Johnowen Lowe (@Johnny_L0we) June 25, 2014
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says