TV Executive Garth Ancier Sues Sex Abuse Accuser and His Lawyers
Former NBC exec Garth Ancier, who previously was accused of sex abuse by a man named Michael Egan, has filed a lawsuit against the man and his lawyers Jeffrey Herman of Florida and Michael Gallagher of Hawaii for malicious prosecution. The suit was filed on Friday, June 27, two days after Egan withdrew his case.
The documents filed in U.S. District Court in Hawaii maintained that Egan's camp wanted to "smear, harass and severely injure Mr. Ancier as part of an avowed and very public campaign by Mr. Egan's counsel to troll for new clients who would enable them to shake down other entertainment industry executives with threats of sexual assault charges."
According to the documents, Ancier was not in Hawaii when the abuse allegedly took place and that Egan's case was dismissed because Herman faced sanctions based on Rule 11 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure which states that attorneys of the plaintiffs must conduct a reasonable examination of the facts before filing.
Herman released a statement on Friday in response to the news. "Mike Egan maintains that he was sexually abused by Garth Ancier in both Hawaii and California," he said, adding that Egan underwent psychological examination and a polygraph test. "Independent witnesses will testify that Mike alleged in 2000 that he was sexually abused by Garth Ancier."
Ancier is among Hollywood figures who are accused by Egan of sexual abuse. He filed lawsuits against "X-Men: Days of Future Past" director Bryan Singer, David Neuman, Gary Goddard and Ancier in April. The four men denied the allegations.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed