TV Executive Garth Ancier Sues Sex Abuse Accuser and His Lawyers
Former NBC exec Garth Ancier, who previously was accused of sex abuse by a man named Michael Egan, has filed a lawsuit against the man and his lawyers Jeffrey Herman of Florida and Michael Gallagher of Hawaii for malicious prosecution. The suit was filed on Friday, June 27, two days after Egan withdrew his case.
The documents filed in U.S. District Court in Hawaii maintained that Egan's camp wanted to "smear, harass and severely injure Mr. Ancier as part of an avowed and very public campaign by Mr. Egan's counsel to troll for new clients who would enable them to shake down other entertainment industry executives with threats of sexual assault charges."
According to the documents, Ancier was not in Hawaii when the abuse allegedly took place and that Egan's case was dismissed because Herman faced sanctions based on Rule 11 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure which states that attorneys of the plaintiffs must conduct a reasonable examination of the facts before filing.
Herman released a statement on Friday in response to the news. "Mike Egan maintains that he was sexually abused by Garth Ancier in both Hawaii and California," he said, adding that Egan underwent psychological examination and a polygraph test. "Independent witnesses will testify that Mike alleged in 2000 that he was sexually abused by Garth Ancier."
Ancier is among Hollywood figures who are accused by Egan of sexual abuse. He filed lawsuits against "X-Men: Days of Future Past" director Bryan Singer, David Neuman, Gary Goddard and Ancier in April. The four men denied the allegations.
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?