'Dracula Untold' Trailer Shows Vlad the Impaler's Painful Transformation
The first trailer of "Dracula Untold" has been officially released via Apple after it leaked earlier this week. The trailer explains how and why Prince Vlad the Impaler became the fearsome Dracula.
The story explores the origin of Dracula, weaving vampire mythology with the true history of Prince Vlad the Impaler, a young prince who risks his soul to save his family from an evil sultan. In doing so, he becomes the first vampire.
The video, which uses Lorde's "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" in the background, begins by showing the strength of Vlad. He took on an army of people with merely his sword. But a Turkish sultan, played by Dominic Cooper, was a great threat that Vlad realized he wouldn't be able to rely on his human power alone. So he traveled far to find a new source of power from blood-sucking creature played by Charles Dance of "Game of Thrones".
Luke Evans stepped in the role of Dracula. The actor is available for a live Q&A on Twitter on Saturday, June 28 at 8 A.M. PT. Fans who wish to throw in questions about the movie may tweet using the hashtag #AskLukeEvans.
Directed by Gary Shore, "Dracula Untold" will be released in theaters worldwide and in IMAX on October 17.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen