Eric Clapton Plans to Stop Touring as It's Become 'Unbearable' for Him
Eric Clapton has revealed he's going to stop hitting the road in the near future. In a new interview with Uncut magazine, the musician who will turn 70 next year said that touring had become "unbearable" and "unapproachable" for him.
"The road has become unbearable," he told the mag. "It's become unapproachable, because it takes so long to get anywhere. It's hostile - everywhere: getting in and out of airports, traveling on planes and in cars."
Clapton went on saying that he'd spend his time working in the studio after he quits touring. "There are tons of things I'd like to do, but I'm looking at retirement too," he said. "What I'll allow myself to do, within reason, is carry on recording in the studio. I don't want to go off the boil to the point where I'm embarrassing myself."
In the interview, the guitarist also talked about the possibility of a Cream reunion. "I haven't spoken to [Jack Bruce] or [Ginger Baker] for quite a time. I don't think there's been any line of dialogue between any of us - or between me and them, that is to say - since the American affair [the trio's Madison Square Garden shows in 2005]," he said.
"After that I was pretty convinced that we had gone as far as we could without someone getting killed," he continued. "At this time in my life, I don't want blood on my hands! I don't want to be part of some kind of tragic confrontation."
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans
- Sibling Rivalry What? Khloe Kardashian Calls Kim Her 'Body Motivation'
- Robin Thicke, Pharrell and T.I. Officially Appeal 'Blurred Lines' Copyright Verdict
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Bra During Casual Stroll While Kylie Flaunts Major Cleavage
- Demi Moore Joins Cast of R-Rated Comedy 'Rock That Body'
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are in No Rush to Walk Down the Aisle