Ice-T's Teen Grandson Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter
Ice-T's teenage grandson was arrested on Tuesday, June 24 after he accidentally shot his roommate to death. Elyjah Marrow, aged 19, was tinkering with a gun when it unexpectedly fired up and fatally wounded 19-year-old Daryus Johnson.
According to police's statement to Atlanta Journal Constitution, the incident took place at their shared Marietta, Georgia apartment. Johnson was taken to nearby WellStar Kennestone Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
"Marrow was not using proper firearms safety when handling the gun," Marietta Police Officer David Baldwin told the Marietta Daly Journal. "That reckless handling of the firearm is what led to Johnson being accidentally shot and eventually killed."
Marrow was charged with involuntary manslaughter, possession of firearm in the commission of a felony, and reckless conduct. He was also charged with possession of marijuana with the intent to distribute, and possession of a stolen firearm. The teen remained in custody.
Ice-T is yet to make any comment about his grandson, who appeared in his reality show "Ice Loves Coco".
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'