Ice-T's Teen Grandson Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter
Ice-T's teenage grandson was arrested on Tuesday, June 24 after he accidentally shot his roommate to death. Elyjah Marrow, aged 19, was tinkering with a gun when it unexpectedly fired up and fatally wounded 19-year-old Daryus Johnson.
According to police's statement to Atlanta Journal Constitution, the incident took place at their shared Marietta, Georgia apartment. Johnson was taken to nearby WellStar Kennestone Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
"Marrow was not using proper firearms safety when handling the gun," Marietta Police Officer David Baldwin told the Marietta Daly Journal. "That reckless handling of the firearm is what led to Johnson being accidentally shot and eventually killed."
Marrow was charged with involuntary manslaughter, possession of firearm in the commission of a felony, and reckless conduct. He was also charged with possession of marijuana with the intent to distribute, and possession of a stolen firearm. The teen remained in custody.
Ice-T is yet to make any comment about his grandson, who appeared in his reality show "Ice Loves Coco".
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist