Ice-T's Teen Grandson Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter
Ice-T's teenage grandson was arrested on Tuesday, June 24 after he accidentally shot his roommate to death. Elyjah Marrow, aged 19, was tinkering with a gun when it unexpectedly fired up and fatally wounded 19-year-old Daryus Johnson.
According to police's statement to Atlanta Journal Constitution, the incident took place at their shared Marietta, Georgia apartment. Johnson was taken to nearby WellStar Kennestone Hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
"Marrow was not using proper firearms safety when handling the gun," Marietta Police Officer David Baldwin told the Marietta Daly Journal. "That reckless handling of the firearm is what led to Johnson being accidentally shot and eventually killed."
Marrow was charged with involuntary manslaughter, possession of firearm in the commission of a felony, and reckless conduct. He was also charged with possession of marijuana with the intent to distribute, and possession of a stolen firearm. The teen remained in custody.
Ice-T is yet to make any comment about his grandson, who appeared in his reality show "Ice Loves Coco".
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed
- Artist of the Week: Bruno Mars
- 'The Walking Dead' Star on Daryl's Part in the Latest Death: 'It Weighs Heavily on Him'
- 'Han Solo' Movie May Reveal How the Iconic Smuggler Won the Millenium Falcon
- Taylor Swift Details Alleged Groping in Deposition: I Felt 'Distressed' and 'Violated'
- Bow Wow Announces Joint Album With Soulja Boy 'Ignorant S**t' Ahead of Retirement
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories