Shia LaBeouf Released From Jail After Ruckus in Broadway Theater
Shia LaBeouf was arrested after being escorted out of the Roundabout Theatre at Studio 54 during "Cabaret" show in Broadway. He was formally charged with two counts of disorderly conduct and one count of criminal trespassing for being "disruptive" during the first half of the play.
The actor allegedly smoked inside the theater, refused to leave, and threatened the cops when being removed from the building. He was arraigned at Midtown Community Court on Friday, June 27 before being released on his recognizance. His next court date is scheduled for July 24.
The former child actor looked disheveled when spotted leaving the precinct. The 28-year-old star wore a torn t-shirt, jeans, and unlaced boots. He refused to speak to reporters.
LaBeouf became the subject of jokes by fellow celebrities on Twitter. "I feel you Shia: In 1993 I was carried out of Les Mis screaming because I couldn't handle the intimations of death," Lena Dunham tweeted. "Seriously feel awful for the performers and am sorry to contribute to celebrity takedown culture but this is the best current event we have!"
"Shia LaBeouf - do what you want to Alan Cumming (one of the stars in 'Cabaret') but if you lay even one finger on the Newsies I will kill you!!!!!" comedian Billy Eichner cracked. "I guarantee you there were at least 3 middle aged women at tonight's performance of Cabaret talking more during the show than Shia."
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago