Amy Adams Gives Up Her Plane Seat in First Class to a Soldier
Amy Adams gave up her seat in first class to a serviceman and moved herself to the soldier's coach seat during a flight from Detroit to Los Angeles. The "American Hustle" actress swapped seats quietly but an ESPN host witnessed her act of generosity and revealed it on Twitter.
"Just saw actress Amy Adams do something incredibly classy. She gave her 1st class seat to an American soldier. I'm an even bigger fan now," wrote ESPN's "Numbers Never Lie" co-host Jemele Hill.
In a more detailed account to "Today" via an email, Hill said, "When we were waiting to board, I saw her glance the soldier's way and then she said something to the person she was traveling with. Once we boarded, I saw she was in first class. I was upgraded to first class and she was a couple rows behind me. I think she must have said something to the flight attendant, because before we took off she had vacated her seat and the flight attendant brought the soldier to her seat."
To ABC News, she added, "As I was getting seated, I saw the flight attendant guide the soldier to Ms. Adams' seat. She was no longer in it, but it was pretty clear that she'd given up her seat for him. I was incredibly impressed." Hill gushed, "[She] did it so quietly and quickly that it speaks to her character. And somebody in coach just got a helluva seatmate."
Indeed, Adams' new seatmate in coach was overjoyed. He was smiling from ear to ear in a selfie with the actress.
More Amy Adams News
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'