Amy Adams Gives Up Her Plane Seat in First Class to a Soldier
Amy Adams gave up her seat in first class to a serviceman and moved herself to the soldier's coach seat during a flight from Detroit to Los Angeles. The "American Hustle" actress swapped seats quietly but an ESPN host witnessed her act of generosity and revealed it on Twitter.
"Just saw actress Amy Adams do something incredibly classy. She gave her 1st class seat to an American soldier. I'm an even bigger fan now," wrote ESPN's "Numbers Never Lie" co-host Jemele Hill.
In a more detailed account to "Today" via an email, Hill said, "When we were waiting to board, I saw her glance the soldier's way and then she said something to the person she was traveling with. Once we boarded, I saw she was in first class. I was upgraded to first class and she was a couple rows behind me. I think she must have said something to the flight attendant, because before we took off she had vacated her seat and the flight attendant brought the soldier to her seat."
To ABC News, she added, "As I was getting seated, I saw the flight attendant guide the soldier to Ms. Adams' seat. She was no longer in it, but it was pretty clear that she'd given up her seat for him. I was incredibly impressed." Hill gushed, "[She] did it so quietly and quickly that it speaks to her character. And somebody in coach just got a helluva seatmate."
Indeed, Adams' new seatmate in coach was overjoyed. He was smiling from ear to ear in a selfie with the actress.
More Amy Adams News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal