Sanaa Lathan Stalker Pleads Guilty to Criminal Trespassing
A man who broke into Sanaa Lathan's house earlier this month reportedly has pleaded guilty to criminal trespassing. According to TMZ, the man named Shawn Caples was ordered to psychiatric counseling for one year on Thursday, June 26.
During the Thursday court meeting, he was also sentenced to three years of probation. The 28-year-old man additionally will have to stay away from the "Love & Basketball" star and her property for the next three years.
Caples broke into Lathan's house on Friday, June 13. Back then, he was found by contractors who worked at her home sleeping in her laundry room. Caples, who said that he was Lathan's husband, was asked to leave. However, he later reappeared at the property. The "Alien vs. Predator" actress reportedly yelled at him, "Get the f*** out of here," and called the police when Caples didn't budge.
Following the incident, Lathan filed restraining order against the intruder. In her filing, she reportedly said that she hid when Caples went to her house again three days later.
- Jennifer Lopez Breaks Silence on Her Relationship With Drake
- Joe Jonas Approves of Demi Lovato's On-Again Romance With Guilhermo Vasconcelos
- Surly and His Squad Fight for New Home in 'The Nut Job 2' First Trailer
- 'American Crime Story' Will Take on Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinsky Sex Scandal
- Kim Kardashian Did Want to Divorce Kanye West. Here's Why She Stays
- New 'Kong: Skull Island' Banner Suggests Kong's Soft Spot
- Bella Thorne Defends Ex-Beau Gregg Sulkin After His Alleged Nude Pics Surface
- People's Choice Awards 2017: Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake Among Winners in Music