Sanaa Lathan Stalker Pleads Guilty to Criminal Trespassing
A man who broke into Sanaa Lathan's house earlier this month reportedly has pleaded guilty to criminal trespassing. According to TMZ, the man named Shawn Caples was ordered to psychiatric counseling for one year on Thursday, June 26.
During the Thursday court meeting, he was also sentenced to three years of probation. The 28-year-old man additionally will have to stay away from the "Love & Basketball" star and her property for the next three years.
Caples broke into Lathan's house on Friday, June 13. Back then, he was found by contractors who worked at her home sleeping in her laundry room. Caples, who said that he was Lathan's husband, was asked to leave. However, he later reappeared at the property. The "Alien vs. Predator" actress reportedly yelled at him, "Get the f*** out of here," and called the police when Caples didn't budge.
Following the incident, Lathan filed restraining order against the intruder. In her filing, she reportedly said that she hid when Caples went to her house again three days later.
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'