Sanaa Lathan Stalker Pleads Guilty to Criminal Trespassing
A man who broke into Sanaa Lathan's house earlier this month reportedly has pleaded guilty to criminal trespassing. According to TMZ, the man named Shawn Caples was ordered to psychiatric counseling for one year on Thursday, June 26.
During the Thursday court meeting, he was also sentenced to three years of probation. The 28-year-old man additionally will have to stay away from the "Love & Basketball" star and her property for the next three years.
Caples broke into Lathan's house on Friday, June 13. Back then, he was found by contractors who worked at her home sleeping in her laundry room. Caples, who said that he was Lathan's husband, was asked to leave. However, he later reappeared at the property. The "Alien vs. Predator" actress reportedly yelled at him, "Get the f*** out of here," and called the police when Caples didn't budge.
Following the incident, Lathan filed restraining order against the intruder. In her filing, she reportedly said that she hid when Caples went to her house again three days later.
- Tiny Harris Fake Facebook Stirs Up Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Affair Rumor
- Michael Bay Has Initial Idea for an R-Rated 'Bumblebee' Spin-Off
- Red Hot Chili Peppers Gets Animated in Bizarre Video for 'Sick Love'
- Mariah Carey's New Boyfriend Bryan Tanaka Admits He's 'Always Had a Thing' for Her
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Promises 'Refreshing' 'Celebrity Apprentice' in New Sneak Peek
- 'Last Tango in Paris' Rape Scene Backlash Is 'Ridiculous,' Says Bernardo Bertolucci
- Jimmy Kimmel's Wife Molly McNearney Is Pregnant With Their Second Child
- 'The Voice' Semifinals Recap: The Top 8 Vying for Spots in the Final 4