Robert De Niro Does Not Want to Miss World Cup, Crashes Into Random Party
Robert De Niro reportedly crashed into someone's party to watch World Cup match between the U.S. and Germany on June 26. According to a neighbor, at that time the "Killing Season" actor was in the middle of filming his new movie "The Intern" in Brooklyn's Cobble Hill neighborhood.
The neighbor told Business Insider that Warner Bros. asked if anyone could help Robert watch the soccer match by sending an email to their apartment building. The email read, "Our lead actor, Robert De Niro, would very much like to watch the World Cup game, today at 12pm. Would it be possible to place a small portable satellite on the building rooftop ASAP and run a cable to the street to help facilitate this request?"
According to the neighbor, a nearby house later invited the 70-year-old actor to join their World Cup party. The neighbor claimed, "We got another email from a neighbor saying he talked to the crew and apparently he found a house of people watching it and joined them."
An insider said, "He wasn't going to miss the game! He's a true American. He has no problem hanging, he enjoyed it."
Robert is currently filming the drama-comedy film, "The Intern". He stars along with Anne Hathaway, Adam DeVine and Anders Holm. The movie is about an owner of a successful fashion website who hired an elderly intern. It will be released in September 2015.
More Robert De Niro News
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera