Sam Raimi Develops True-Story Afghanistan War Film 'The Outpost'
Sam Raimi lines up his next project after "Oz: The Great and Powerful". The director of Tobey Maguire's "Spider-Man" trilogy is looking to develop a feature film adaptation of Jake Tapper's bestselling book "The Outpost: An Untold Story of American Valor". He serves as a producer and may sit behind the lens as well.
It's about a real-life event that focuses on the defense of a remote U.S. camp in Eastern Afghanistan by 53 American soldiers as it was overrun by up to 400 Taliban fighters. The intense and deadly day-long clash resulted in multiple citations including Medals of Honor to two recipients, the first time America's highest military award has been given to two living soldiers for the same battle since 1968.
"The Outpost is an epic story of bravery, courage, and sacrifice of our men in uniform, and is absolutely a picture meant for the big screen. I'm honored to be a part of it," Raimi said.
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello Reignite Romance Rumors With Dreamy Cover of Ed Sheeran's 'Kiss'
- Pregnant Beyonce Is 'in Hiding': She's Ballooned So Much She Doesn't Want Her Fans to See!
- See Creepy Pennywise and The Losers Club in New 'It' Photos
- 'True Detective' Will Return for Season 3 With David Milch
- Abby Lee Miller Exits 'Dance Moms': 'I Have Been Manipulated, Disrespected and Used'