Jenny McCarthy Hints She's Leaving 'The View' Too on Twitter
Jenny McCarthy appeared to have confirmed her "The View" exit. Following announcement from Sherri Shepherd that she's quitting the show and rumors that McCarthy isn't returning for next season, the latter took to Twitter to address the reports.
"If Sherri goes... I go too. #sisters," she wrote on Thursday, June 26. She followed it up with another post which read, "My View will be changing too. As will with many hard working folks. Thanks to everyone at the show for your dedication and an amazing year."
Later, she posted a picture with Shepherd and two other friends, accompanied by a more cryptic statement, "These are my Avengers and we will be back!"
Earlier Thursday, Shepherd said in a statement, "...after careful consideration it is time for me to move on." She first joined "The View" a guest co-host in 2006 before becoming a permanent co-host the next year. The Associated Press reported that the actress/comedian and ABC had failed to agree on terms for a new contract.
McCarthy, who was just added to the show's panel last year, was rumored to leave as well and Whoopi Goldberg would reportedly be the only one staying on the show following Barbara Walters' retirement in May.
ABC has not commented on the shake-up, but does hint at a major change for next season. " 'The View' will be moving in an exciting new direction next season and ABC has made decisions to evolve the show creatively," the network said in a statement.
These are my Avengers and we will be back! pic.twitter.com/fjtxqfpY3H— Jenny McCarthy (@JennyMcCarthy) June 27, 2014
More The View News
- Kris Jenner, 60, Is Reportedly Trying for Another Baby
- Ricky Gervais Is Back as David Brent in Hilarious 'Lady Gypsy' Music Video
- You'll Finally Get to Know More About This 'Gilmore Girls' Character on the Netflix Revival
- Chris Brown Kicked Out of Villa in Ibiza After Covering It in Urine and Vomit
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Enjoy Movie Date in L.A.
- Watch Fergie's 'M.I.L.F. $' Music Video Starring Kim Kardashian and Chrissy Teigen
- Justin Bieber Posts Cryptic Message About Relationship, Says He'd 'Rather Be Lonely'
- Kim Kardashian on Butt Pads Allegations: 'I Don't Need Them'