Shia LaBeouf Escorted Out of Broadway 'Cabaret' Show in Handcuffs
Shia LaBeouf has landed himself in trouble. The actor was led out of Broadway's "Cabaret" performance, starring Alan Cumming and Michelle Williams, on Thursday evening, June 26. As reported by ABC News, LaBeouf was engaged in disruptive behavior and was smoking inside the theater. Police said he refused to leave and then threatened the officers and people on the sidewalk outside.
Broadway World reported similar info, saying that some audience members claimed that the former "Transformers" star was being "extremely disruptive" during the first act. He reportedly was in tears when being escorted out of Studio 54 in handcuffs during intermission.
Tony nominee Benj Pasek wrote about the incident on Twitter. "Just saw Shia LaBeouf in handcuffs in tears surrounded by 6 police officers outside of CABARET the musical," he tweeted.
LaBeouf is currently placed in custody in Midtown North police station. He was charged with two counts of disorderly conduct and one count of criminal trespassing. Representative for the 28-year-old actor has not responded to requests for comment.
Last year, LaBeouf made headlines with plagiarism scandal. Earlier this year, he appeared at film events wearing a paper bag on his head with a message which read, "I'm Not Famous Anymore." A few days later, he followed it up with an art installation "#IAMSORRY" in Los Angeles.
More Shia LaBeouf News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake