Shia LaBeouf Escorted Out of Broadway 'Cabaret' Show in Handcuffs
Shia LaBeouf has landed himself in trouble. The actor was led out of Broadway's "Cabaret" performance, starring Alan Cumming and Michelle Williams, on Thursday evening, June 26. As reported by ABC News, LaBeouf was engaged in disruptive behavior and was smoking inside the theater. Police said he refused to leave and then threatened the officers and people on the sidewalk outside.
Broadway World reported similar info, saying that some audience members claimed that the former "Transformers" star was being "extremely disruptive" during the first act. He reportedly was in tears when being escorted out of Studio 54 in handcuffs during intermission.
Tony nominee Benj Pasek wrote about the incident on Twitter. "Just saw Shia LaBeouf in handcuffs in tears surrounded by 6 police officers outside of CABARET the musical," he tweeted.
LaBeouf is currently placed in custody in Midtown North police station. He was charged with two counts of disorderly conduct and one count of criminal trespassing. Representative for the 28-year-old actor has not responded to requests for comment.
Last year, LaBeouf made headlines with plagiarism scandal. Earlier this year, he appeared at film events wearing a paper bag on his head with a message which read, "I'm Not Famous Anymore." A few days later, he followed it up with an art installation "#IAMSORRY" in Los Angeles.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked