In Talks: Frank Darabont to Helm 'The Huntsman', Doug Liman to Direct 'Victory'
Frank Darabont is touted to direct the spin-off to "Snow White and the Huntsman". The "The Walking Dead" executive producer is in talks to helm "The Huntsman" for Universal.
If the talks go through, Darabont will take over the franchise from Rupert Sanders who directed the 2012 film. It will be the first feature film that Darabont directs since 2007's "The Mist". Universal was eying both Darabont and Gavin O'Connor when looking for a director for "The Huntsman".
Chris Hemsworth will return as the titular character while Charlize Theron will reprise her role as the evil queen. However, Kristen Stewart reportedly will not be back into the franchise as the film is said to be completely focused on Hemsworth's character.
In other news, Doug Liman is also in talks to direct a soccer-themed pic written by Gavin O'Connor. Per The Hollywood Reporter, the "Edge of Tomorrow" director is wanted to helm "Victory", a remake of a 1981 action film of the same name.
The story is set during World War II as allied POWs prepare for a soccer match against the German National Team to be played in Nazi-occupied Paris. But amid the preparations, the French Resistance and British officers are making plans for the team's escape.
- Ariana Grande Debuts New Hairdo Amid Reports She Was Barred From Performing at White House
- 'High School Musical' Alum Corbin Bleu Gets Married to Sasha Clements. Get the Details
- 'Star Trek Beyond' Easily Wins at Box Office
- Lindsay Lohan Fights With Fiance Egor Tarabasov After Accusing Him of Cheating on Social Media
- Comic-Con: 'Prison Break' Revival Debuts New Trailer and Clip
- Liv Tyler Shares Adorable Breastfeeding Photo With Her Newborn
- Calvin Harris and Kim Kardashian Party Together Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- Drake's New Mixtape Is on the Way as 'Views' Tops Billboard 200 for 11th Week