In Talks: Frank Darabont to Helm 'The Huntsman', Doug Liman to Direct 'Victory'
Frank Darabont is touted to direct the spin-off to "Snow White and the Huntsman". The "The Walking Dead" executive producer is in talks to helm "The Huntsman" for Universal.
If the talks go through, Darabont will take over the franchise from Rupert Sanders who directed the 2012 film. It will be the first feature film that Darabont directs since 2007's "The Mist". Universal was eying both Darabont and Gavin O'Connor when looking for a director for "The Huntsman".
Chris Hemsworth will return as the titular character while Charlize Theron will reprise her role as the evil queen. However, Kristen Stewart reportedly will not be back into the franchise as the film is said to be completely focused on Hemsworth's character.
In other news, Doug Liman is also in talks to direct a soccer-themed pic written by Gavin O'Connor. Per The Hollywood Reporter, the "Edge of Tomorrow" director is wanted to helm "Victory", a remake of a 1981 action film of the same name.
The story is set during World War II as allied POWs prepare for a soccer match against the German National Team to be played in Nazi-occupied Paris. But amid the preparations, the French Resistance and British officers are making plans for the team's escape.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie