Liam Neeson's Nephew Suffers 'Serious' Head Injury After a Fall
Liam Neeson's nephew is being treated in a hospital for a "serious" head injury he sustained after a fall during a night out with friends in Brighton, East Sussex. According to Mail Online, Neeson's nephew Ronan Sexton fell on Sunday, June 22 at around 4 A.M. and now apparently is in critical condition.
A spokesperson for Sussex police confirmed the incident, adding that they did not treat it as suspicious. "Just after 4 A.M. on Sunday June 22 a 31-year-old Worthing man had climbed on to the top of a telephone kiosk outside Brighton Pier when he fell 20ft to the ground, sustaining a serious head injury," the spokesperson said.
"The man had been enjoying a night out with friends, who were present when he fell, and the incident is not being treated as suspicious," he added. "There is no further police investigation."
The "Taken" actor has been in contact with his sister Bernadette Sexton as she stays with her 31-year-old son at the hospital. "Bernadette is not in at the moment because she has been at the hospital all day in Haywards Heath visiting Ronan. I do not want to comment further," her partner Harry Shannon said at a family home in Worthing, West Sussex on Thursday.
A few years ago, Neeson was left devastated after his wife Natasha Richardson passed away due to brain injury she sustained in a ski accident. "Natasha was a wonderful friend, sister-in-law and auntie to my kids. She's been a tower of strength to us in hard times in the past," Sexton recalled following the 2009 accident.
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton